Commodore: The inside story. David pleasance.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
If your a commodore or amiga fan then you will likely want this.

Written by David Pleasance who was in charge of commodore uk and held other posts too. We should hear many tales hitertho unheard up until now...

I backed it.

I just don't know If I could take more reality about Commodore, I was so entrenched in their brand from the VIC 20 to the Amiga, it really was a punch in the guts when it all died.

To hear more about how ahead of it's time the Amiga was and how Commodore chucked it all away would just be rubbing salt into the wounds.

All power to this campaign, David did seem like he was passionate about the Amiga and wanted to rescue it.

I just don't know If I could take more reality about Commodore, I was so entrenched in their brand from the VIC 20 to the Amiga, it really was a punch in the guts when it all died.

To hear more about how ahead of it's time the Amiga was and how Commodore chucked it all away would just be rubbing salt into the wounds.

All power to this campaign, David did seem like he was passionate about the Amiga and wanted to rescue it.
Yeah, it was a punch in the gut. I remember eagerly hoping the the u.k management buyout would be successful. Then dishonourable japanese business men broke their word and ruined it. Still this book should be a good read and we have still a thriving Amiga scene, vampire Apollo, etc

To some extent, that's the same for all of us who enjoyed their 8-bit machines. All of the companies involved are now defunct or so radically different in their focus, be them Amstrad, Acorn, Sinclair, Atari or yes, Commodore. Even Texas Instruments which hasn't changed all that radically never focused on home computers again after that first dally into them.

But I guess, none of them sailed as high as Commodore did briefly. Maybe Acorn, running the first few ARM chips in their computers. And maybe Sinclair in terms of sales, having massive success with the Spectrum, then throwing that away on the QL and the C5 scooter, and now the Vega plus it seems.

This Youtuber has done decent documentaries on classic computers like Amiga
IF you can get past his speech impediment

Back