GP32 Community project programers area

gp32animefreak

Mighty D Block
Website
Visit site
Here we go its going underway venom has made the sprite thingy(sorry im new to C++ a month new)..

Things we need to discuss: How the characters sprites will look, Current progress, and the stuff coders will talk about.

ok, next thing, this thread will also be used for game design, as it ties in closely with the coding.

i think the game style should play like Secret of Mana, where you can choose magic attacks and stuff but dont have to be in a battle to use them.

Ah, so you're thinking about an action-RPG (like SoM, Zelda, FFA) instead of a round-based RPG (like FF-series, Chrono-series, etc.)?

That's nice :)
I like action-RPGs better, but they're also harder to code, I guess :)

something like seiken densetsu or zelda, Thanks to Rico's new Engine its a reality..

I'd just like to say I thought this wouldent make it past day two but it did and we have already started...God bless A....The Internet

Geeeze, you're perfect :)
This will be the nicest project ever done on any console by the community :)

@rico:
What can you do with your engine already?
Is collision detecting etc. already working?

hold up!! I didn't say my engine was anywhere near completion! I'm looking at neural networks and AI...collision detection is just box-based at the moment, if you want pixel*pixel you might be interested in GDL or SDL.

Evil_Cartman posted on Oct 3 2003 at 05:08 AM said:
Gimme a PM and i'll see what i can do.
Whats a PM? Also if u guys need any character designers id be more than happy to help. just give me the 411

Last edited by a moderator:
we dont need pixel*pixel collision testing. i really doubt it.

@bigSEXYc: a PM is a Personal Message. there is a button on each persons post to send one to them.

bigSEXYc posted on Oct 7 2003 at 02:49 AM said:
Evil_Cartman posted on Oct 3 2003 at 05:08 AM said:
Gimme a PM and i'll see what i can do.
Whats a PM? Also if u guys need any character designers id be more than happy to help. just give me the 411
Pm is private message u can send one from the tab near the bottom that says PM cheers B)

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, ive been waiting on Hando to make a subforum for this, but i guess hes waiting on us to make a demo...

whoever made the SDL prog that shows the sprite, please PM it to me. I'll put in the key catching routine and stuff...

@Rico: how are we going to merge this with your engine? specs/syntax please.

Ok two things Delsabre:

1. I think Hando just wants you to keep stuff in Team Building, but he hasn't told me anything. Like others I have a lot of resources at my disposal to set up a forum if you need one.

2. Well as I said earlier my engine is not complete enough, and won't be for some time, for such a 'merging'. What I do promise is that the AI code I'm working on will be available for your use, basically it will require a thaiWorld object and one thaiHook per AI-enabled object in your world, plus occasional message sending. The interface is still being screwed around with but this is a generic AI library.

I'm a very slow worker, and very busy, so that's why I haven't tried to involve myself deeply into it. What I'm saying is that there is no use duplicating work :)

Ahwell, and you can't start a complicated project like this with a PROGRAM DEMO.
First, you need a story, the game engine needs to be discussed and then all the needed things have to be told the coders...

It's always bad to create a program and THEN tell the story...

Back