Comparison Of Dingoo And Wix

Meneer Jansen

Still Fresh
Considering the fact that they both have about the same screen size (apart from the touch screen) and a lot of the same applications, I was wondering how the Dingoo A320 and the GP2x Wiz compare to each other. I own a Dingoo, but not a Wiz.

Does the touch screen really make enough of a difference to consider buying a Wiz? I see that the Wiz can be converted into a PDA with Qtopia[/ulr]. Any experiences with it anyone? Can you sync w/ a PC?
Can I write little docs on it? And how are the networking capabilities of the Wiz? Is it wireless? How about synching, checking or sending email with it?

I like the fact that I can use my Dingoo as a portable divx player on a television when I visit friends who do not have a PC or divx player connected to their TV. I understand that the Wiz does have TV-out too, but no cable is provided in the box, is it?

Meneer Jansen said:
Considering the fact that they both have about the same screen size (apart from the touch screen) and a lot of the same applications, I was wondering how the Dingoo A320 and the GP2x Wiz compare to each other. I own a Dingoo, but not a Wiz.

Does the touch screen really make enough of a difference to consider buying a Wiz? I see that the Wiz can be converted into a PDA with Qtopia[/ulr]. Any experiences with it anyone? Can you sync w/ a PC?
Can I write little docs on it? And how are the networking capabilities of the Wiz? Is it wireless? How about synching, checking or sending email with it?

I like the fact that I can use my Dingoo as a portable divx player on a television when I visit friends who do not have a PC or divx player connected to their TV. I understand that the Wiz does have TV-out too, but no cable is provided in the box, is it?

The biggest seller the Wiz has over the Dingoo. Is the ability to play in sunlight. The wiz screen shows bright in the sun were as the Dingoo you can't eve see the screen. Now is that worth the extra $100 thats all depends on you. Another Wix seller is hat ZodTT has released a very good PSX emulator for the wiz. Its no full speed but its pretty close on most of the games Ive played when overclocked to 766.

Outside of that if those are not big seller you will be happy with the the Dingoo you already own and Dingux is a breez to install if you've not already done that.

Both the wiz and the dingoo do not come with wireless, though there is sup to be an add on for the wiz in the future when it will come out who knows if ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
adolobe said:
[...] Another Wix seller is hat ZodTT has released a very good PSX emulator for the wiz. Its no full speed but its pretty close on most of the games Ive played when overclocked to 766.
Didn't know that. Wow!!! Thanks for your reply. That would seriously interest me. And does the Wiz have a network (i.e. ethernet) connector?

P.S. I should really edit the title of my post (wiX typo!), but I dunno how...

Meneer Jansen said:
adolobe said:
[...] Another Wix seller is hat ZodTT has released a very good PSX emulator for the wiz. Its no full speed but its pretty close on most of the games Ive played when overclocked to 766.
Didn't know that. Wow!!! Thanks for your reply. That would seriously interest me. And does the Wiz have a network (i.e. ethernet) connector?

P.S. I should really edit the title of my post (wiX typo!), but I dunno how...

With the just released PSX4All on the dingoo the pros for the wiz are growing smaller.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK1wTLV9Xdo

Granted ZodTT is a god when it comes to coding so the wiz will probably come out with the better PSX emulation

The wiz does not have networking via ethernet

The little things to keep in mind:

1. the wiz is more expensive
2. the dingoo is set up with many emulators ready to go, where the wiz takes alot of time and trouble
3. the wiz is a little bit more compatible for gaming (not necessarily more emulators, but better working / higher performance ones)
4. the wiz is for those who already know a bit about emulating, and the dingoo is a starter
5. dingoo = chinese psp and wiz = south korean media player (if that really matters to you)
6. dingoo comes with 4gb internal memory, the wiz comes with quite a bit less...
7. syncing, general functions, and abilities are "basically" the same

I don't know, both have pros and cons. The wiz is a great step up from the dingoo, but make sure you know how to handle the dingoo before stepping up to the wiz (it's a little tricky at first).

aesir911 said:
2. the dingoo is set up with many emulators ready to go, where the wiz takes alot of time and trouble

Don't get me wrong I love my Dingoo but you can hardly call copying some files onto an SD card 'time and trouble' to get going. What's more if you want to use Dingux emulators with Dingoo it takes a whole lot MORE time and trouble than the Wiz!

Pleng said:
Don't get me wrong I love my Dingoo but you can hardly call copying some files onto an SD card 'time and trouble' to get going. What's more if you want to use Dingux emulators with Dingoo it takes a whole lot MORE time and trouble than the Wiz!

But that's only copying toddlers Linux pack to your SD card, and for new emulators editing the cfg file of dmenu, hardly would call that trouble or time eating. Setting up Linux on the Dongoo sounds complicated, but with the idiot guide, it takes up approximately 10 minutes (I see many people having trouble setting up Dingux, but if you follow those threads it's 90% due to the fact, that they didn't read the guide properly and uninstalled the china chip drivers first).

Pleng said:
aesir911 said:

Hmm... I'm still struggling with my wiz. I got the picodrive, alexkidd, and gpsp emulators to work, and that is it. Then again, I haven't spent much time configuring it. How do you get NES, SNES, NeoGeo, PC-Engine, CPS-1, CPS-2, and MAME emulators to work?

aesir911 said:
Pleng said:
aesir911 said:

Hmm... I'm still struggling with my wiz. I got the picodrive, alexkidd, and gpsp emulators to work, and that is it. Then again, I haven't spent much time configuring it. How do you get NES, SNES, NeoGeo, PC-Engine, CPS-1, CPS-2, and MAME emulators to work?

Place the emus in there own individual folders on your SD card just like all the rest. Some emulators require a bios file which you will have to find on the internet. Follow the readme with each emulators. It really is no different.

The dingoo does have a downside as well. If you want to add a new emulator to your toddler pack you have to edit the Themes correctly. I experienced this when adding the PSX4All emulator. One lil typo and my Dmenu crahed at boot till I corrected it.

CKeichel said:
Pleng said:

But that's only copying toddlers Linux pack to your SD card, and for new emulators editing the cfg file of dmenu, hardly would call that trouble or time eating. Setting up Linux on the Dongoo sounds complicated, but with the idiot guide, it takes up approximately 10 minutes (I see many people having trouble setting up Dingux, but if you follow those threads it's 90% due to the fact, that they didn't read the guide properly and uninstalled the china chip drivers first).

Finding the idiot's guide isn't exactly easy though. I had great trouble trying to find it, and then finding the Linux pack was even more difficult; nothing on the wiki about it whatsoever. Thank god for these forums! (I actually added the links to the linux packs to the wiki, but they were removed for some reason)

Back