Compiling C++ for the Pandora

3_bit

I currently use CodeBlocks for C++ programming, which I am very new to. It does support ARM architecture, but the list of devboards doesn't include the Pandora. Which should I choose/where can I get a download for the compiler so it can utilize the Pandora's hardware properly? Also, can I use regular libraries like iostream on the pandora?

You can use Code::Blocks directly on the Pandora. There is a PND on the repo. You can use many standard libs, but you should avoid OpenGL, only OpenGL-ES is available on the Pandora.

File from Linux Code::Block should compile with few/no modification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you running a LinuxPC with X11 beside your Pandora? Then you could also run p'titSebs codeblocks-pnd through a ssh-X11-tunneled session. That way you will get codeblocks running on your Pandora with the codeblocks-window being shown on your PC and you can use your mouse/keyboard. Although I don't know how practical this is speed-wise for productive working. I tried it over USB-networking and for me it worked.

Connect to your Pandora:

Code:
ssh -YC <username>@<pandora_ip>

then

Code:
export XAUTHORITY=`/bin/pwd`/.Xauthority

pnd_run -1 /<path_to_pnd>/codeblocks.pnd

It might need some additional configuration the first time though. Also see: http://boards.openpa...emote-computer/

Edit: Hm I tested it some more and think that you can forget about it. ;) It's rather slow. Too slow for browsing larger codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't actually have a pandora yet. I will probably just wait for the Pandora 2 to come out and then I'll buy one of those. I *do* want to at least write code that would work on a Pandora. I have a dream of one day writing an FPS for the Pandora 2...

- install codeblocks

- download a pandora toolchain

- clone the gcc toolchain in the compiler options, creating a "pandora" gcc listentry

- set its toolchainpath to whereever you keep the pandora-toolchain

- press F9

-- there you go.

Back