GP32 Compiling Frodo GCC

auscoder

Still Fresh
Does any have any luck getting latest version of frodogp to compile, my first foray into gcc and make and have run into a brick wall.

my very solid wall

Code:
C:/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.0.2/crt0.o: In function `CopyZIData':
C:/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.0.2/crt0.o(.text+0x238): undefined  reference to `_timepassed'
C:/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.0.2/crt0.o(.text+0x244): undefined  reference to `HEAPSTART'
C:/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.0.2/crt0.o(.text+0x248): undefined  reference to `HEAPEND'
C:/devkitadv/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.0.2/crt0.o(.text+0x24c): undefined  reference to `Main'  **** GULP!!! NOT GOOD ****

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gccmake: *** [Frodo.elf] Error 1

Ive never worked with gcc or make before this so i am stumbling around rather heavily at the moment. i did the correct compiling i assume in this order

frodo/src/gp32/libpogo/smfs/ -compiles fine
frodo/src/gp32/libpogo/ -compiles fine
frodo/src/gp32/sound/ - compiles fine
frodo/src/gp32/ - compiles fine
frodo/src/ - does not compile exits with the above errors

I did use the gba devkit advance with chn's mods but i did not upgrade to gcc 3.2.1. as the original porter of frodo has done. I dont really know how to do this ?

any help would be really cool :)

I am looking to modify the current sources of Frodo, need the source code to do that.

i see. can you compile any other code?

also, how about asking the guy who ported it?

sample code i compiled worked from a gp32 dev tutorial, thats fine my own source code compiles no worries, mind you the makefile are no where near as complicated as the frodo makefiles, even the sub projects for frodo compile fine, its just the main frodo executable that is failing. eg libpogo/smfs/sound/gp32, the lad that originally ported it released a text document along with the source saying his setup, that what i mentioned in my first post, i dont run linux though which is what he compiled on. Im guessing ive got a dodgy makefile or a gcc version mismatch but not sure, damn wish this was all in dev studio :)

I tried to compile Frodo too and got the exact same results with gcc. I think we need a newer/custom crt0.o. I tried the updated gcc 3.2.2 with the same results also.

Rabel1

Try to delete the .o files before compiling, maybe its trying to link with files that where compiled on another environment.

Also check the makefile, to see if each .o file is used to make the target.

And also try to look at the .h files to see if there is an #ifndef _BLAH_H etc.. with variables declared extern.

Yes Rabel1 is right, after speaking to the original porter of frodo he has used custom crt's im trying to get a hold of the modified versions now, he sent me a set however they were still missing at least 1 function. will update when i get some more info.

Ok well i have the correct crts now, still not having any luck getting a full compile, it does go past the pervious link errors though, if any one would like to have a shot send me a mail or reply and i will send you the modifies crts.

hi '

a little bit late, but are you still on it ??
Have you made it ?
And could I perhaps also get the custom crt0-set ??

Greetings'

Last edited by a moderator:
Back