Compulab

It looks very neat. I'm definately bookmarking it, and I could see myself buying one to make my own GPS device. But I wonder how powerful it is.. I mean, it couldn't run the stuff GP2X runs, could it? What are its limits?

Logomachist said:
It looks very neat. I'm definately bookmarking it, and I could see myself buying one to make my own GPS device. But I wonder how powerful it is.. I mean, it couldn't run the stuff GP2X runs, could it? What are its limits?
Here's a direct link to their site: LINK

Apparently it can do what the gp2x can do and A LOT more. I mean just look at the optional features - Intel xscale 520mhz processor, 128MB RAM, 512MB built-in flash, GPRS, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS or a 2 megapixel camera and touchscreen. Not to mention you get your choice of windows CE or Linux as your OS. I believe that their version of linux is very much compatible with pc linux software. If it is, then Craig's got a competitor for his new device. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OMars said:
I believe that their version of linux is very much compatible with pc linux software.
Their version of Linux is as compatible with PC Linux software as ours is. I hate to break it to you, but it's not the "version" of Linux that matters, it's the processor architecture, and the XScale is not an x86-compatible processor. Apps would still have to be ported and/or recompiled to be used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back