CONKER 64 ??

C

CocoCreekFisherman

Has anyone been able to play this game on Mupen?

I never got the chance to play it and I read the game is hilarious.

Best I ever got out of the rom was some broken audio & intro then crash.  :(

Conker was a very late release for the N64... it used it to it's limit.

It causes problems on most N64 emulators.

IMO Conker is only funny if you're 14, and then technically too young to legally play it. OTOH, the Beach Head multiplayer minigame is amongst the best things on the N64, if you've a mate to play it with.

So the answer is that it is unplayable  and will remain unplayable on the Pandora.

Oh well  :(

Last edited:
IMO Conker is only funny if you're 14, and then technically too young to legally play it. OTOH, the Beach Head multiplayer minigame is amongst the best things on the N64, if you've a mate to play it with.
You're definitely not wrong. It's a very average game at best (and pretty frustrating at times). The humour is indeed very puerile and definitely not as funny as you'd be lead to believe, although it does have its moments - I did enjoy the sweetcorn song though (which surprisingly is censored in the XBox version).

Honestly, not being able to play this on the Pandora is a shame, but you're not missing out on one of the best N64 games.

You're definitely not wrong. It's a very average game at best (and pretty frustrating at times). The humour is indeed very puerile and definitely not as funny as you'd be lead to believe, although it does have its moments - I did enjoy the sweetcorn song though (which surprisingly is censored in the XBox version).

Honestly, not being able to play this on the Pandora is a shame, but you're not missing out on one of the best N64 games.
Tis a shame indeed.  Almost sorry I asked now  :mellow:   ;)

Last edited:
I'd actually go the other way with a quick 'review' of the game... Personally I thought it was a great game.  I'd probably set it as an 88-92 out of 100.  The bigger problem is that some of the jokes haven't aged well, and the control scheme leaves a bit to be desired.  The game really did shine as a multiplayer game and even with the out dated graphics has some interesting things you can do that at least gave you a solid alternative to GoldenEye.  I'd see the game sitting in a top 25 list, and I could see some arguments for it hitting a top 10 list, but there were a lot of amazing games on the N64.

I'd say definitely give it a try, but it'll probably be some time yet before you see it playable on the Pandora... if ever.  Just find somebody with an N64 in the basement and at least give it a try.  It's worth it just to check it out.  The game gets crazier the longer you play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back