Connecting To At&t 3g Network?

quadomatic said:
Will it be possible to connect to the AT&T 3G network for internet via a cellphone or some USB adapter on the Pandora?

Just curious

Thanks
I would think you should be able to via a bluetooth link with your cell phone. USB, I'm not so sure of, because those generally require drivers.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluetooth, yes. In so far as there's no reason it shouldn't be possible. All the pieces are there for it to work, but there may be a chance that something just doesn't play nice. Until someone actually gets a Pandora and tries it, the best answer you'll really get is "it should."

It should technically be possible to get the AT&T USB adapters to work as well. They work fine under Linux, but you do have to build the third-party sierra wireless modules for them to work. What I'm hoping is that Angstrom Linux already has the modules built. If so it will just show up as a series of ttyUSB devices. Then you pick the right one and set up pppd. The steps are pretty clear at http://www.sierrawireless.com/faq/ShowFAQ.aspx?ID=601

if your AT&T USB adaptor is a Huaewei E220 then I know for sure it`s supported as standard in the Linux Kernel (said modem being my sole internet connection and all my PC`s being Linux)

Hobbyman

hobbyman II said:
if your AT&T USB adaptor is a Huaewei E220 then I know for sure it`s supported as standard in the Linux Kernel (said modem being my sole internet connection and all my PC`s being Linux)
1) The E220 sucks power. 500 mA minimum.
2) I'm not certain it can run in high speed mode, and the big USB socket which could supply 500 mA can't run in full speed or low speed. But I could be wrong about what the E220 can do - I have one, but currently I'm only using it on USB 1.1 computers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back