Considering cheap(ish) phone your thoughts..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
Still haven't taken the plunge & money is even tighter now so my options are quite limited.

The ZTE V967S has been suggested by quite a few as a pretty good relatively cheap all-rounder, my experience is very limited with Android devices & I'd appreciate some feedback from you guys.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not used that myself but looks good for the money.

Dual SIM is a nice addition, just to throw a PAYG SIM in there for when needed, or a work SIM if you normally have to carry a work phone too.

Fan of Android myself, looks like it's pretty standard with not too much bloat installed onto it, like you'd get on a Samsung phone.

Root option I see there as an add-on, so you know can be rooted which is good, you'll probably want to get the Google Play store on there and start enjoying the apps/games that Android offers you. If not though you have other stores available like 1mobile for example.

Looks good though, nice physical look, not cheap looking as the Samsung Galaxy models.

I'd probably just check with someone who knows about batteries though in detail, as to what the charge life would be on this. I remember when I had my old LG 3D phone the battery ran flat every day on me when I was using it how I do, which is a bit annoying.

For that price though looks good

I usually shy away from ZTE and Huawei myself. If that works for you then GREAT! But you wont get the same community support from that as you would a more popular phone. If I were you, I'd buy a Galaxy S3.(not S4) because you can get a used one for cheap and it has LOTS of dev support. Tons of custom roms and such. I like my S4, but it doesnt have nearly the dev support that my S3 had which is a shame.

Well... I have a Samsung Brightside which I got with a contract. It was later reviewed as one of the top 5 worst phones of the year. I'm sure you really can't go wrong with a phone like that.

A smartphone today is really limited in that it doesnt have a physical keyboard. If you have a laptop or a pandora there isnt much a smartphone does that your current one doesnt. Use it as a 3g modem.

I got my SE active for free from my neighbor. People have old phones laying about that are perfectly capable. Its all about having the latest surveilance device from apple these days.

there isnt much a smartphone does that your current one doesnt
But by next year, phones will be good enough to run Dolphin Eulator at playable speed meaning that there /will/ be a reason to buy a flagship smartphone over a crappy device like the

brightside ( never even heard about that before)

The guy doesnt have the money to spend, now. Less so for a flagship device in the future. And those phones still wont have a keyboard, point moot.

The guy doesnt have the money to spend, now. Less so for a flagship device in the future. And those phones still wont have a keyboard, point moot.
My point is not moot. We obviously value different aspects in a smartphone, though But just because somwone has a different opinion than yours, do not just shake it off as moot

My point is not moot. We obviously value different aspects in a smartphone, though But just because somwone has a different opinion than yours, do not just shake it off as moot
No, we dont, but we are not OP. You are catering to your own needs. I tried finding a cheaper phone and couldnt, then i settled on saying if you have a phone already there is very little real convenience in between having a dumbphone with 3g and a laptop. The threshold of use is very slim. IMO.

Back