Convert A Mod To An Mp3

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Can someone help me convert a mod to an MP3?

Here is the mod: gbax.com/craig.mod

I understand it might be tricky to make it loop, but the closer the better?

I used to be able to do this on my laptop, but it died and I only have access to a mac now.

craigix said:

Here is the mod: gbax.com/craig.mod

I understand it might be tricky to make it loop, but the closer the better?

I used to be able to do this on my laptop, but it died and I only have access to a mac now.

I recommend Bonkenc. It uses any Winamp input and output plugins, so if it can play it... it can convert it.

http://www.bonkenc.org/

Edit: Only a Mac eh? Skipped over that part.

Hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one with 2 loops + a 10 second fade, transcoded by foobar2000 (using foo_dumb) with LAME 3.98.4 using -V1 (so near max. quality VBR):

MP3

slaeshjag said:
I don't quite understand what you mean with "get it to loop", but here's a straight dump.

OGG/Vorbis
MP3

Thanks!

Well mods can be a bit tricky if they do odd internal loops, sometimes MP3 players ignore their internal looping and just dump a once play though missing the chorus loops etc.

Anyhow, thank you, I'll try it!

The default way of tagging a .mod suggests it's made by Greg "atz" in 1992, was made for a friend "the master" and the .mod is called "masterintro"

Hate to go off topic, but Craig, I noticed a mistake on your site: "Open up the potential of your DS with this SD compatable card."
It's spelled "compatible". Just a heads up.

Jourdy288 said:
Hate to go off topic, but Craig, I noticed a mistake on your site: "Open up the potential of your DS with this SD compatable card."
It's spelled "compatible". Just a heads up.

Heh I probably just copied and pasted it from some email. Whoops.

Dropping the DS stuff anyway.

craigix said:
I tried to convert Mali to an mp3. It just wouldn't play. But oh, the screeching sound during conversion.

Back