Converting A Streaming Mp3 To Wav

Azure

Trust the recursion...
I remember reading an article awhile back that told you how to record the audio coming out of your computer with window's sound recorder by adjusting some settings in your Volume settings (when you click the icon in the system tray). I have the link to an mp3 file but it only streams, so I'd like to use Windows recorder to record the audio that comes out when I play the stream file, so that I will have a wav of the mp3 on my computer, then I could just convert it back to mp3 with Cool Edit Pro. Anyways, how would one go about accomplishing this?

Nevermind, I got it. I just needed to open Windows Media Player, choose open URL, open the file, let it download it all, and the choose file save media as...

Well, there's 2 ways you could do that. Find and download OpD2d, which lets you record all outgoing audio as a single wav. Or get the streamripper plugin for Winamp and then just download the streaming mp3 as is, but also seperates the stream if you're listening to something like a internet radio station.

I think streamripper is at streamripper.sourceforge.com.
OpD2d is on some site called something like opcode.de I think...

Back