Copy Firmware To Other Gp32

donjj

Still Fresh
Can I update one GP32 fully to the new firmware and then just dump the bin file and flash it to one or two other GP32 without taking over the machine ID or something?

What I did was registering the GP32 at GP.com, installing freelauncher and updating my firmware to the new one. Now I'd like to do this with a couple of other GP32 units to make it quick.

Any idea if this can be done without any problems? Don't really want to transfer my user id to all of the other GP32's... I've also built the JTAG cable, but didn't use it yet and think that I don't need it anyway..

I don't suggest dumping the new beta bios and flashing it with fw.fxe from darkfader's site I tried that and if it wasn't for my sis' new computer with a SMC reader I would have had a gp32 with no pc-link :( but fortunately I used the SMC slot and copied the original fw onto the card and reflashed to find it perfectly normal again. I'm not sure if it was because I was using the fw with geepee32 emulator before the flash but I'd still steer away from using that method.

And yes, the product ID is in the eeprom not the bios so it won't change the product ID as far as I know.

Back