Corrupt Savegames In Pcsx Rearmed

stooovie

Still Fresh
hi!

I'm a new owner of Caanoo and I like it. I have a problem with otherwise excellent PCSX ReArmed emulator. It seems to corrupt save states when overwriting (ie saving a state to a previously used slot). These cannot be loaded after and overwriting often crashes the Caanoo outright. Sometimes they won't load even if they haven't been overwritten (just crash on Load state). As there are only 10 slots, it gets out of hand and manually deleting with Bennu FIle Manager is cumbersome.

All in all, state loading/saving in ReArmed is highly erratic and unreliable for me.

Has anyone else experienced this? No other emus have this issue.

It happens with
-firmware 1.0.6 as well as 1.6.1
-PCSX ReArmed R12 and R13
-HLE bios, SC1001 and 7502 BIOSes
-Kingston 8 GB SDHC and Kingston 2 Gb SD card, both formatted with FAT32

The card has been checked for errors and is okay. Thanks for your help!

I suppose it triggers some firmware bug since nobody complained about it on pandora, which uses exactly the same code..
Maybe it's overclocking related too?

notaz said:
I suppose it triggers some firmware bug since nobody complained about it on pandora, which uses exactly the same code..
Maybe it's overclocking related too?

I get this on the wiz version as well, but not all the time, I thought maybe it was a memory leak or something. Some games run fine for awhile then they start to stutter and slow down to the point of having to reboot. Usually if I can get to the menu at that point and try to save the state it always crashes and corrupts the save in that situation.
After a reboot or a reload the game will be at normal speed again.

I'm still super happy with this emu and Notaz's work. I'm just explaining my experience for Stoovie and others who are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to reload default config too, problem still persists... I'll now try running Wiz version via Ginge and see if it's any difference. Thanks for your info, though!

EDIT: Nah, Wiz ReArmed via Ginge just crashes.

stooovie said:
I tried to reload default config too, problem still persists... I'll now try running Wiz version via Ginge and see if it's any difference. Thanks for your info, though!

EDIT: Nah, Wiz ReArmed via Ginge just crashes.

Maybe try R11? I use that one on the Wiz as it runs the best for me anyway.

LTStone said:
I get this on the wiz version as well, but not all the time, I thought maybe it was a memory leak or something. Some games run fine for awhile then they start to stutter and slow down to the point of having to reboot. Usually if I can get to the menu at that point and try to save the state it always crashes and corrupts the save in that situation.
After a reboot or a reload the game will be at normal speed again.
For Wiz it's probably lack of RAM, the dynarec progressively fills more and more RAM with translated code and eventually there is too little RAM left for kernel to operate normally and things become slow.
For Caanoo it's something different, too many write calls while saving trigger driver bugs or something.

Back