Drpocketsnes 6.5.0 Caanoo

anybody can reupload or give me another link for the emulator? can't seems to be downloaded either from the link at the first page or from the archive

Gab1975 said:
In any case I hope that a dedicated version of PocketSNES 7.1.x will be avaible soon on Caanoo! ;)
That's a great news !

Obus10 said:
anybody can reupload or give me another link for the emulator? can't seems to be downloaded either from the link at the first page or from the archive
Here it is : http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,606

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:

The link on Open handhelds doesn't seem to work. Takes me to a not found page. after doing some searching I found it at 4shared.

http://www.4shared.com/file/oNoBInYr/DrPocketSnes_650_Caanoo.htm

Downloaded it and am playing a link to the past with out any noticeable bugs. :)

For the time nothing... :(
Please Bitrider, can you adapt the PocketSNES 7.1.x on Caanoo?! :)

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?p=1208491#post1208491

There is a beta released on the 23/02/2010, I've not tried it but it may be better than our current version...just wish they would release the source code.

Reesy said:
http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?p=1208491#post1208491

There is a beta released on the 23/02/2010, I've not tried it but it may be better than our current version...just wish they would release the source code.

Thanks for the info! ;)

Speed is nice!!! Still graphics problems though. Bitrider wants beta testers I am trying to sign up on the forums but can't post yet. Google translate is not working very well right now

qbertaddict said:
Speed is nice!!! Still graphics problems though. Bitrider wants beta testers I am trying to sign up on the forums but can't post yet. Google translate is not working very well right now

Doesn't start on my Caanoo with FW 1.0.6, I get only a black screen, anyone else with problems?

EDIT: Nevermind, reinstalled, it, works fine.

Aaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh, I have exactly the same problem with this 7.1.9 Beta version as with the 6.5.0 version :angry:

The emulator starts, but freezes after a second :(

I'm loosing hope to get PocketSNES working on my Caanoo :unsure:

Since I'm not the only one with this problem in this forum, I'm wondering about the experience of my fellow sufferers.

Yoshi Dragon said:
Aaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh, I have exactly the same problem with this 7.1.9 Beta version as with the 6.5.0 version :angry:

The emulator starts, but freezes after a second :(

I'm loosing hope to get PocketSNES working on my Caanoo :unsure:

Since I'm not the only one with this problem in this forum, I'm wondering about the experience of my fellow sufferers.

The same problem for me! :( I use a Caanoo with firmware 1.6.0...

Beta works fine for me.
I just made a folder, put the 3 files in, renamed the gpe to just pocketsnes

Then made a ini to link it.

Don't seem to work with Mode 7 games now.
(It did before, but they were a bit slower...)

RetroVortex said:
Beta works fine for me.
I just made a folder, put the 3 files in, renamed the gpe to just pocketsnes

Then made a ini to link it.

Don't seem to work with Mode 7 games now.
(It did before, but they were a bit slower...)

I did the same things, but it didn't work...
what firmware are you using on Caanoo?

I'm using the latest firmware. (1.6.0)
This is what the .ini looks like:

[info]
name="DrPocketSnes"
path="/drpocketsnes/pocketsnes.gpe"
icon="/drpocketsnes/icon.png"
title="/drpocketsnes/title.png"

The folder I put the 3 files (and it was only the 3 files. the rest of the folder was blank) in is called "drpocketsnes", and I renamed the gpe to "pocketsnes"

i get static sound and i can't do anything in the main menu screen. the only thing i can do is shut off my caanoo. this happens in all versions of drpocketsnes. but the latest pocketsnes works perfectly through ginge.

RetroVortex said:

[info]
name="DrPocketSnes"

The folder I put the 3 files (and it was only the 3 files. the rest of the folder was blank) in is called "drpocketsnes", and I renamed the gpe to "pocketsnes"

Me too... the only difference is that I called the emulator work dir "pocketsnes", but this is irrelevant ...
I don't know, maybe a problem with my SD card... :huh:

blues2 said:
i get static sound and i can't do anything in the main menu screen. the only thing i can do is shut off my caanoo. this happens in all versions of drpocketsnes. but the latest pocketsnes works perfectly through ginge.

I tried the Wiz version (trough Ginge) and it works well... just a problem with some commands, for example when you run a game it's impossible to come back to the menu (the Caanoo hasn't the volume buttons)...

Gab1975 said:
I tried the Wiz version (trough Ginge) and it works well... just a problem with some commands, for example when you run a game it's impossible to come back to the menu (the Caanoo hasn't the volume buttons)...

Holding the Home button shifts the Help I and II into the Wiz volume buttons, so hold Home then Press I and II together. Also Home and Y to force the application to close.

Just tried that 23/02/11 beta, just Super Mario All Stars SMB3 to start with.
There's graphic issues like this weird array of dots in the background, and sprites appearing in front of pipes, not behind them.

And I'm still getting the bug where locking the caanoo doesn't disable the face buttons.

Performance seems a bit better which is nice.

RetroVortex said:

[info]
name="DrPocketSnes"

Do not rename pocketsnes.gpe to pocketsnes
it needs to be pocketsnes.gpe

Back