Could I Use This As A Tax Write Off?

Vince2501

For my new business I will be traveling quite a bit, and with the very likely GPS feature along with WiFi and the Qwerty keyboard. Do you think I could get away with this being a tax write off? Obviously I couldn't do this with a PSP or DS seeing as they're devices primarily for entertainment purposes. But with the Pandora I think I can get away with it.

The GPS feature is the biggest reason to get it for me (that and 10 hour battery life, plus portable Metal Slug and possible CPS3 games). I know this has been addressed before, but I searched for the term 'gps' and came up with nothing. But now that built in Bluetooth has been confirmed. How hard would it be to integrate GPS in the system?

Since when does Pandora have a GPS? Did I miss something? Or are you suggesting connecting it to a GPS module via bluetooth?

I bought a bluetooth GPS receiver 48hours after it was announced that the Pandora officially had bluetooth.
My guess is that once the BT stack is working 100%, that there will be navigation programs ported.

Edit: Kings just answered my question. Thank you.

Still curious if I could use this as a Tax Write off though.

You can write anything off, as long as you can write a complicated enough document explaining it. Just hope you don't get audited, I say. (I assumed you live in the US. If not, ignore me.)

Seriously, though, it can do anything a traditional business laptop can do (documents, email, web browsing), so if you think you could write off a laptop, you can definitely do the same for this.

I'll probably copy select extracts from the press release and wiki on the documents (avoid the term game console) to get it through as a write off.

GunPei2X said:
Yes, just claim that it is a type of PDA, and the PanDorA name comes from that.
:lol: Sweeeeet! I'll have to remember that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends if you want to be moral or immoral. Yes, don't pay tax on it if you are immoral, or if moral, claim the percentage that you use it for work.

Actually, it's a gaming device firstly, so you can't clain it, but the tax man is not going to investigate the Pandora and if they did, they might assume it is a UMPC anyway.

The PS3 gets it and it doesn't even come with a general purpose OS preinstalled.

Back