Could we get Linus Tech Tips on board?

Have you heard of Linus Tech Tips?

• Yes

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters

While I don't think we need to go that far, I do think it would be worthwhile (from a "we're more involved and therefore should have first dibs" greedy perspective) to have a "secret" pre-order that is announced here on the forum 24 hours before the official order date, possibly with a forum username attached to it just to be sure. That way no one here gets shafted because they were sleeping when the pre-orders went up and instead of being 67th in line they're 4000th and not going to get one for several weeks after everyone else.

Of course, that's elitist and possibly dangerous marketing, I don't know.

Although I DO feel that certain members like devs, and packagers should get treated as VIPs, I think that the first batch should sell also to outsiders (non forum people).

Maybe interspersed if the lines get big. A big chunk of that first batch should go to our favorite resellers, because they should start selling the same day it comes out (or maybe a day earlier to attract customers).

Newbies may choose it is not worth the wait (I expect a long queue), and move onto other platforms (and wow, there are lots of other gadgets out there).

I think it is a better strategy to grow the community.

and if I would have to wait for the next batch... so be it.

An idea to make the waiting lines more fun, is to sell each 100th Pyra with a distinct something. (a different color, a freebie, or just something to make it special)

There won't be a long wait.

As long as the Nubs (5000 Pyras) and batteries last there should not be any shortage.

Producing Pyras will in no way be as painful as producing Pandoras.

An idea to make the waiting lines more fun, is to sell each 100th Pyra with a distinct something.
I don't expect waiting lines like that.

You have to wait maybe some days if we are too slow with packaging and shipping.

Times over where we had to build everything by hand.

While I don't think we need to go that far, I do think it would be worthwhile (from a "we're more involved and therefore should have first dibs" greedy perspective) to have a "secret" pre-order that is announced here on the forum 24 hours before the official order date, possibly with a forum username attached to it just to be sure. That way no one here gets shafted because they were sleeping when the pre-orders went up and instead of being 67th in line they're 4000th and not going to get one for several weeks after everyone else.
I don't think that will be a huge problem.

One example is the Bayonetta 2 first print Edition.

It was cheap enough to be sold out within the first 24 hours because some idiots boughed them all to sell them for twice the price on ebay.

I doubt that people buy several Pyras to create a shortage and sell them.

Anyways I would like to give the community some advantage :) .

But please don't expect a waiting line with about 1 units delivered per day. I don't. (But we all know: bad things do happen and problems might occur).

(No official statement but my own thoughts. For now there are no plans how sales are done yet)

It was cheap enough to be sold out within the first 24 hours because some idiots boughed them all to sell them for twice the price on ebay. I doubt that people buy several Pyras to create a shortage and sell them.
I'm not worried about a shortage. The difference here is that all the Bayonetta pre-orders were produced and shipped at the same time whereas ED is going to produce them in batches of probably 1000 per week. If there's enough interest that 3000 sell within the first hour of pre-order that would mean that someone here, who wanted to get one but was unfortunately sleeping due to timezone differences and work in the morning, is going to get theirs 3 weeks later than if they had been right there on the F5 key.

It was cheap enough to be sold out within the first 24 hours because some idiots boughed them all to sell them for twice the price on ebay. I doubt that people buy several Pyras to create a shortage and sell them.
I'm not worried about a shortage. The difference here is that all the Bayonetta pre-orders were produced and shipped at the same time whereas ED is going to produce them in batches of probably 1000 per week. If there's enough interest that 3000 sell within the first hour of pre-order that would mean that someone here, who wanted to get one but was unfortunately sleeping due to timezone differences and work in the morning, is going to get theirs 3 weeks later than if they had been right there on the F5 key.
Some weeks are not that a problem I think.

I thought the plan was to take pre-orders (or possibly run a kickstarter) to fund production once it's ready to go. That being the case wouldn't the number of orders determine the initial batch size? (at least at less than 5000 orders)

- Neelix

Even if he gets 20'000 (especially if he gets 20'000!) it's not like they can all be produced at once. Production rate is probably about 1000 per week, I would estimate, similar to how the Pandora was at its peak.

Back