Couldn't Find The Kernel Version The Module Was Compiled For

juanisan

Still Fresh
I am trying to compile NFS modules. I have alot of utilities already compiled and installed on my GP2X such as a basic command line sound mixer, rcp, rsh, rlogin, etc so I know my GP2X SDK is working sort of OK, but when I compile kernel modules and try to install them I get this message. Any clues as to why?

root@mrlinux:/gp2xsdk/Tools/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/net/sunrpc# rcp sunrpc.o gp2x:/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/net/sunrpc
root@mrlinux:/gp2xsdk/Tools/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/net/sunrpc# cd ../..
root@mrlinux:/gp2xsdk/Tools/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel# cd fs
root@mrlinux:/gp2xsdk/Tools/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/fs# rcp nfs/nfs.o gp2x:/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/fs/nfs
root@mrlinux:/gp2xsdk/Tools/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/fs# rcp nfsd/nfsd.o gp2x:/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/fs/nfsd
root@mrlinux:/gp2xsdk/Tools/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/fs# rcp lockd/lockd.o gp2x:/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/fs/lockd
root@mrlinux:/gp2xsdk/Tools/lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/fs# rlogin gp2x
[root@gp2x root]$ insmod sunrpc
Using /lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/net/sunrpc/sunrpc.o
insmod: couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for
[root@gp2x root]$

Do you have "Loadable module support ->Set version information on all module symbols" set? If not, try that and to a complete recompile.

Orkie said:
Do you have "Loadable module support ->Set version information on all module symbols" set? If not, try that and to a complete recompile.
Actually the stock GP2X kernel has this switched off. I thought of that and tried it both ways. Same error for both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back