Countdown To November 30th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not shipping on the 30th of november, theyve already said itll probablyt be december or even the new year. personally im holding my breath for february.

CC_machine said:
Wooo, looking forward to the (tentative) date...

10!

(days remaining)
You should count in positive direction (10-11-12-... e.t.c)

Last edited by a moderator:
gibberish said:
its not shipping on the 30th of november, theyve already said itll probablyt be december or even the new year. personally im holding my breath for february.
i'm a frequent blog and forum user and i havent heard that? great job people...
confirmed somewhere or is that speculation?

mali said:
"EvilDragon said:
EvilDragon said:
Also, hab heute mein MK2 Board bekommen und mal schnell Angström draufgeschmissen.
Bootet brav :D
Allerdings hat notaz im aktuellsten Kernel für das Board wohl den console= Bootargs entfernt, so dass ich mit dem neuen Kernel die Konsole auf der LCD sehe, nicht den X-Login Schirm.
Mit dem alten Kernel sehe ich den X-Login-Schirm, aber da läuft USB und Touchscreen nicht auf dem MK2, so dass ich mich nicht einloggen kann :p

Aber das ist wohl leicht behoben, kann Euch dann also bald Angström Boot-Videos machen :)
Rough Translation said:
I've received my MK2 board today and have installed Angström. It boots dutifully :D .
But Notaz has removed console=bootargs, so that the new kernel displays the console instead of the X-login.
With the old kernel I see the X-login, but USB and touchscreen don't work on the MK2, so I can't login :p
But it will be solved easily, so I can show you some Angström boot-videos, soon :)
+ see signature, for the latest.

gibberish said:
as i remember, they only said that due to the display shortage, the shipping of ALL units could be delayed until next year
as they had 600 lcds two weeks ago, at least a couple of pandoras should be ready by the end of this month, unless they didn't tell us something

Personally, I've been expecting it "by my birthday" for some time now. That would be February 7th. As much as I'd love to have my Pandora by December 25th, I'm not holding my breath on that.

I had a bit of a shock a couple days ago. I was sitting at home when I was asked about the package on my car, as in option package, and I heard it as "there's a package for you." :rolleyes: Since I hadn't been on the forums in over 24 hours, and placed my preorder so quickly, there was about a 5 second span where I thought a Pandora might be sitting on the kitchen table. :lol:

dupey said:
as i remember, they only said that due to the display shortage, the shipping of ALL units could be delayed until next year
as they had 600 lcds two weeks ago, at least a couple of pandoras should be ready by the end of this month, unless they didn't told us something
640 three weeks ago
-> outdated

mali said:
dupey said:
as they had 600 lcds two weeks ago, at least a couple of pandoras should be ready by the end of this month, unless they didn't told us something
640 three weeks ago
-> outdated

Quoth the Craigix:
We don't like to keep posting info because it tends to be out of date within hours (then gets quoted for weeks).

Eniko said:
Quoth the Craigix:
We don't like to keep posting info because it tends to be out of date within hours (then gets quoted for weeks).
:lol:

Well I think that stuff gets quoted for weeks because there aren't enough updates... or when there are it's hard to find them because they're buried in this forum. More needs to be posted on the blog regularly.

RedStar1949 said:
Well I think that stuff gets quoted for weeks because there aren't enough updates... or when there are it's hard to find them because they're buried in this forum. More needs to be posted on the blog regularly.
yeah ^^
why wouldn't the figure of 600 lcd's keep getting quoted, if there's no update to it?
it's the most accurate guess we got, so i don't see what's wrong with quoting it

Forums are a worthless way to disseminate information, unless your intent is to make it hard to find. Threads come and go and searching them is a PITA and error prone.

tmcnair said:
Forums are a worthless way to disseminate information, unless your intent is to make it hard to find. Threads come and go and searching them is a PITA and error prone.
Unless you keep track of every update.

Racemaniac said:
RedStar1949 said:
yeah ^^
why wouldn't the figure of 600 lcd's keep getting quoted, if there's no update to it?
it's the most accurate guess we got, so i don't see what's wrong with quoting it

"Okay, now we have 601"
"Now we have 602..."
"603..."
"604..."
"605..."

Yes, the above is hyperbole but in a way that's exactly what you're asking them to do. The quoted number had no relevance besides giving you an indication of how far along they already were at that time. The big thing was where they said "they're delayed and coming in slowly but there is no problem yet". The important part was not that they had 640, and assuming they still only have 640 is in direct conflict with the important message being sent.

So yes, it is a bit foolish to want continuous updates on the number of LCDs they have in. The update was "they're coming slower but for now we're still on target" and that should remain true until an update is posted where they say "okay, now we're no longer on target". That is the quotable part, not the "640".

This is the first time conversation along this line is finally getting to me, so for the love of all that is holy, learn some reading comprehension and stop fixating on a random bit of information with no relevance over the messages that are.

mazza558 said:
tmcnair said:
Unless you keep track of every update.

Which I do. All the big updates, anyway. If you really need to know all the minor stuff and conjecture, you're still going to have to read through all the new posts every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back