Countdown To Production Unit Showcase 7 Day(S)

as long as I get my Pandora by 2010 i'm happy, recently picked up a 10" Dobsonian telescope which is keeping me pretty busy :)

Countdown to production unit showcase:
countdown.PNG
day(s)

Sorry everyone,

I had to pull the countdown timer. I dared to be brave and got bit in the ass once again. :( Craig suggested I was crazy but there didn't seem to be anything else that could be screwed up at this point and I even factored in a couple extra days.

There was one part coming out of the molds messed up and they were to fix it, make new parts and ship everything tonight. Now, two more molds need the extra treatment and will take a few more days. I'm hoping they ship new parts this weekend but no more count downs. Unbelievable.

MWeston said:
Sorry everyone,

I had to pull the countdown timer. I dared to be brave and got bit in the ass once again. :( Craig suggested I was crazy but there didn't seem to be anything else that could be screwed up at this point and I even factored in a couple extra days.

There was one part coming out of the molds messed up and they were to fix it, make new parts and ship everything tonight. Now, two more molds need the extra treatment and will take a few more days. I'm hoping they ship new parts this weekend but no more count downs. Unbelievable.

:( crappy hope it'll be good once you get them

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
Sorry everyone,

At least you're out here telling us exactly why it's gone and what the current situation is. It's a shame that there are delays, but I'm at least glad that you're keeping us in the loop. :)

EDIT: Agh, ninja'd by seconds!

I thought they where done and being/been shipped?

Oh well, I factored that into my timescale, but I thought delivery would be the hangup.

Edit - Oh and thanks for not leaving it till the end of the week to tell us and keeping us informed!

MWeston said:
Unbelievable.

Not really. The amount of times devs have believed that 'nothing can go wrong now' is the only truly unbelievable thing, considering the amount of things that actually HAVE gone wrong!

uhmm.....the countdown on http://openpandora.ca/ has gone missing at the mo'. Means countdown no longer required (test cases delivered) or some catastrophic delay-inducing mishap with the firing engines? I bet NASA could enlighten us a bit about aborted lift-offs :)

What's more unbelievable is that it was Craig telling him not to do it. :D
As the perception is that he gives the optimistic timescales, when in truth, he has the guts to tell it the way he thinks it's going (or is that just madness) I just wish Craig did some more vid's, I know some other's didn't appreciate his art but I sure did.

Edit :
@relliker read a few post's above yours lol

MWeston said:
Sorry everyone,

Thanks for the heads up. I had just came from the website and saw that the timer was missing, had me thinking either you had received it so it was gone or something bad had happened. Unfortunately it was the latter. Thanks for always treating us as part of the project instead of just customers and keeping us abreast of all the ups and downs. I know some people would probably be better off not hearing all the details because they just whine and complain, but let's be honest, they would probably do that regardless. Oh why me, they screwed up again. LOL You all rock!!!

relliker said:
uhmm.....the countdown on http://openpandora.ca/ has gone missing at the mo'. Means countdown no longer required (test cases delivered) or some catastrophic delay-inducing mishap with the firing engines? I bet NASA could enlighten us a bit about aborted lift-offs :)
Uhmm.....sorry to say it was the catastrophic delay-inducing mishap but hopefully we'll have some new stuff next week.

MWeston said:
This is actually really unprofessional of the moulding facility. I was under impression that the last month and a half delay was due to all the testing and tweaking they did so it would be perfect. But to be told "it's done" and then "oh wait, this part came out messed up" suggests that they didn't actually test at least one of the parts before saying it was complete.

I have this friday the praktikal test for my bus driving license, so i hope i can finde a work in the next two months(tm), i have time.. and meybe: if the pandora arive, i have the mony again in my piggy bank the pandora has cost 1 yeahr ago.. B)

Back