CP/M open source

Oh, that bring back some memory!
When shall we expect your port :)
Yeah, not sure we have the hardware to handle that!

At that time, my computer had a 4MHz Z80, with 48 ko of RAM, and 2 5"1/4 floppy disk drive that can store 72ko of data. And the screen was a text only monochrome 80x25.. So you see, impossible to emulate with current hardware  :D

Small correction to that article; in 1974 the company Kildall founded was called *Intergalactic* digital research, and they looked like extras from a 1970s production of The Hobbit at early conferences. I'm not sure when they started wearing suits and shortened their company name, but I believe they were just 'DR' by 1978 or so when IBM was casting around for a PC OS.

Not an important correction, but the image of some of the founders of domestic computing has always amused me :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Moxie I did like your port of AltairZ80 with CP/M.. I Also thought CCF poor rating of it on the repo because it wasn't a game and not fun was hilarious..

Last edited by a moderator:
My intention was to do a lot more with it in terms of providing a bunch of default configs for different types of machines, documentation for how to do common things, links to relevant online docs, and so on. Fat lot of that I accomplished :)

CCF is a man of many names and many personalities. Not too many of them are pleasant, though.

Back