Cpasjuste Adds Nub Support To Quake 3

Amazing. SO awesome.

I just wish the video quality was a bit better. Oh well, it's still a great milestone.

Yeah, really looks cool, can't wait to try it myself, it's been a long time since I played a shooter with analog sticks. I wonder if I'm still good at it...

It's great to finally see the analog nubs in real action. Granted that they look high quality on the outside, I'm still positively surprised by how well they seem to function. Kudos to the team.

This is the same code from quake 1/2 if anyone was curious using pnd_event stuff I uploaded, so it seems to be working pretty good in all the quakes. Although we had to make some small changes for quake3.

That cracked me up when the lid fell down :D

Great stuff - many thanks, Cpasjuste (and thanks to MWeston for posting the link, too). :D

The nubs look like they work really smoothly, just as I was hoping.

It's looking nice. I'd hate to play Q3 like that though. I remember trying to play Q3 on DC with the controller and getting owned. For slow paced shooters, nubs are acceptable (but still not ideal) but for fast paced shooters like Quake 3, it'll be tough to do.

I'm holding out for the ultimate touch-screen-shoot-there type interface :p

WizardStan said:
I'm holding out for the ultimate touch-screen-shoot-there type interface :p

I'm not. I came to the conclusion long ago that it'd take longer to move my hand than to jiggle my mouse. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, very nice. Just wondering why the lcd came down at the final part of the video, but its great, also im happy cause i could see the face in the video of one of my heroes, MWeston!

guizm said:
Nice, very nice. Just wondering why the lcd came down at the final part of the video, but its great, also im happy cause i could see the face in the video of one of my heroes, MWeston!

I noticed the same - and was wondering if that will be an issue with my pandora when its been used a bit. It looks like there is a chance the hinge mechanism could wear out. I remember such issues with my Donkey Kong hand held 25 years ago.

I would seriously recommend the development team to look at this issue and let us know.

Cyberbug said:
guizm said:

I noticed the same - and was wondering if that will be an issue with my pandora when its been used a bit. It looks like there is a chance the hinge mechanism could wear out. I remember such issues with my Donkey Kong hand held 25 years ago.

I would seriously recommend the development team to look at this issue and let us know.

The hinge has been seriously looked at. I would seriously recommend making sure something hasn't already been done before recommending it be done.

-God Ginrai

Back