Cpasjuste Adds Nub Support To Quake 3

God Ginrai said:
Cyberbug said:
guizm said:
Nice, very nice. Just wondering why the lcd came down at the final part of the video, but its great, also im happy cause i could see the face in the video of one of my heroes, MWeston!

I noticed the same - and was wondering if that will be an issue with my pandora when its been used a bit. It looks like there is a chance the hinge mechanism could wear out. I remember such issues with my Donkey Kong hand held 25 years ago.

I would seriously recommend the development team to look at this issue and let us know.

The hinge has been seriously looked at. I would seriously recommend making sure something hasn't already been done before recommending it be done.

-God Ginrai

Theres nothing in this development unit to hold the lid up besides friction. There is no issue with the hinge. Its only a package of pandora parts Mweston put together so some development could be done on the controls.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks great, but how is he firing without shoulder buttons?
seems like they would be necessary, 1 nub for view, 1 for movement, but that doesn't leave fingers open except the index fingers, for shoulders buttons.

El Jefe said:
seems like they would be necessary, 1 nub for view, 1 for movement, but that doesn't leave fingers open except the index fingers, for shoulders buttons.

Cause he is using the shoulder buttons

El Jefe said:
It's actually a Quake 3 mod that automatically shoots wherever there's an onscreen enemy. Only instead of finding that out from game data, it reads your mind.

Tensuke said:
El Jefe said:
It's actually a Quake 3 mod that automatically shoots wherever there's an onscreen enemy. Only instead of finding that out from game data, it reads your mind.
Yeah, a really nice demonstration of how the Pandora OMAP MindRead HID daemon chip works, right there. I've been waiting for a demo of it, now I'm excited about the Pandora again!

:p

After such a long waiting time for the pandora release, people only can dive into sarcasm if they don't want to get mad! :D

VERY interesting Video. Q3 really looks smoooooth and the A-Nub controlling seems to work very well, I clearly can see good dodging and typical "Mouse/WASD" movement like onto the PC, much more effective than D-Pad only movement like we've seen in older Videos.
I wonder, what are the Settings in this Quake Demonstration? Full Resolution? All Details? Lightmap ON? (looks like) 60FPS? :)

Pickle said:
God Ginrai said:
Cyberbug said:
guizm said:
Nice, very nice. Just wondering why the lcd came down at the final part of the video, but its great, also im happy cause i could see the face in the video of one of my heroes, MWeston!

I noticed the same - and was wondering if that will be an issue with my pandora when its been used a bit. It looks like there is a chance the hinge mechanism could wear out. I remember such issues with my Donkey Kong hand held 25 years ago.

I would seriously recommend the development team to look at this issue and let us know.

The hinge has been seriously looked at. I would seriously recommend making sure something hasn't already been done before recommending it be done.

-God Ginrai

Theres nothing in this development unit to hold the lid up besides friction. There is no issue with the hinge. Its only a package of pandora parts Mweston put together so some development could be done on the controls.

Oh, I know. It's the guy I quoted who didn't.

-God Ginrai

dflemstr said:
Tensuke said:
El Jefe said:
Yeah, a really nice demonstration of how the Pandora OMAP MindRead HID daemon chip works, right there. I've been waiting for a demo of it, now I'm excited about the Pandora again!

:p
alright guys, I get the point.

Enverex said:
It was JIGGAWATTS you fool!
it's actually spelled gigawatts. Christopher Lloyd (mis?)pronounced it with a soft g instead of hard. Mostly because some engineer told him that was how it was pronounced, if I recall correctly.

WizardStan said:
Enverex said:
it's actually spelled gigawatts. Christopher Lloyd (mis?)pronounced it with a soft g instead of hard. Mostly because some engineer told him that was how it was pronounced, if I recall correctly.

True, but when you read posts you'd read "-GIGA-watts" which just loses the magic. lol

Enverex said:
WizardStan said:
Enverex said:

True, but when you read posts you'd read "-GIGA-watts" which just loses the magic. lol
Nigga, whats?

WizardStan said:
Enverex said:

Nah. He was told that it was pronounced with a hard g, but he decided he preferred how it sounded with the soft g instead.

AND A MEME WAS BORN

Back