Cpu/lcd/ram Tweaker Version 2.0

god_at_hell

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
Visit site
Over the last days i updated the tweaker a little bit. Now the GUI is entirely rewritten and a whole bunch of new features are included. For more information check the ReadMe which is a little bit blown up (364 lines ^^).

What's new:
===========
CPU/LCD/RAM Tuner 2.0
---------------------
- complete new menu
- RAM-Tuning Options
- Saveoption for Configfiles
- complete new commandline-options
- no SDL anymore
- CPU-Tester

The RAM-Tuning can speed up the whole RAM-performance a bit. With a bit stricter timings i gained a overal performance plus of 4-5% in Quake. this isn't much, but you have to remind, that Quake is no havy RAM user ... with applications like GnGeo you should experience a noticable speedup :) .

The GUI now looks like an AWARD-Bios and let's you save your configurations. Another big plus is, that you can use the program WITHOUT using scripts. The commandline is better than before, but you can the new configfile for filestarting too. Just add a run-parameter and the program in the config-file and the tweaker will set the parameters and run the application after that :).

Here's a picture of the new GUI:
cpu_speed_2.0.png

Get it in the File-Archiv
OR from my Server until the archiv is updated.

EDIT: I think i'm stupid ... i forgot the links ^^;

It's not updated in the archive and the link to your server doesn't appear to be working.

:-(

@Paradox: No .... the GP2X Section. I don't read the caption I orient myself on webpages/forums by experience ... wasn't the GP2X block under the gp32 block?
I'm like a old woman in a supermarket.. if you rearrange the market, i'm lost.

I just tried it and overclocked it to 266mhz, then went to save and exit and it froze. I'm afraid to turn it off. Is it safe to?

@Paradox: No .... the GP2X Section. I don't read the caption I orient myself on webpages/forums by experience ... wasn't the GP2X block under the gp32 block?
I'm like a old woman in a supermarket.. if you rearrange the market, i'm lost.
This doesn't appear to be on the GP2x forum - perhaps you would like to post it there - many people will be interested in your work!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be possible to add the ability for the tweaker to set itself up to run on boot? I was just thinking of a script dumped in to rc.d based on the current settings.
If the script exists, the option would be to turn off run on boot.

Sorry for throwing this in straight after a new release, only just thought of it ;)

Good work, though. Extremely useful app

Looks brilliant. It also crossed my mind that, if it's doable, adding in a file launcher might be the perfect icing on the cake for this - it'd mean that people who aren't happy about using scripts ("It's done in notepad! It must be programming! Aaagh!" - ok, not so common in as tech-savvy community as this one, but commone enough, I think... plus writing a script for every application is frustrating, I must say) will once again be able to perfect the LCD and overclock without worrying about the menu resetting it. Just a thought.

This really is a cool util, though.

@Wite_Noiz: Firmware 2.0 allows autorun ... just enable it and rename the tweaker or do a script whith the autorun-name. I didn't test this FW2 feature, but i know of people who do ... it should work.

@Tobriand: A filebrowser is allready on my TODO-list (it's written in the readme too :) ). The thing is, that my exams are on the door and i don't realy have the time to code for the next two weeks ... but ... like i know myself i will do anything to prevent learning :p

an auto-autorun config creater would be a good addon to this i think, mess with your settings, and do "Create autorun file" or something... and have it write the settings for the autrun file etc.. and then all i gotta do is setup autrun in firmware options :p

plus writing a script for every application is frustrating, I must say

I do that anyway... Everything seems to need its own directory, so I let it have it, residing inside /mnt/sd/roms/z. I, however, like to access things from one place, so I have placed scripts linking to all my emulators in /mnt/sd/Emulators and scripts linking to all my games in /mnt/sd/Games. The effect of this is when I load up the games menu, I only see three directories on my SD card, Emulators, Games, and roms (which is not capitalized so it will always be at the end of my directory list, with the directories I want above it using capital letters). I can then pick the category I want, and launch the emulator or game that I want. It's a little difficult to set up, but it's worth it simply for the ease of control (plus whenever one of my friends plays it, I don't have to explain where everything is now).

My slow gp2x clocked 285Mhz with the Ant Test. It's rather chuffed but I know very well it doesn't like it past 270Mhz with emulators

mine went to 295 on the speed test thing but i can only go 288 odd and then it'll freeze. also..should be a way to exit the speed test without restarting the 2X.

@Wite_Noiz: Firmware 2.0 allows autorun ... just enable it and rename the tweaker or do a script whith the autorun-name. I didn't test this FW2 feature, but i know of people who do ... it should work.
I realise that, I just thought it would be nice to have the app do it all itself (especially for people who don't want to play with scripts)

Back