Cracked Case; Wasn't expecting it so soon.

sm0kew0n

Very Active Member
Hardly used it, very disappointing.

IMG_20210418_1739274.jpg

That's disappointing. I wonder if that moulding mark is crimping down on the hinge hole, making it irregular, and therfore being stressed back into the round when you open and close the lid?

Ok this is really unpleasant,
But my Case is still fine, just a bit of wear..
i carry my Pyra in my Pocket, Some times , it’s gets a bit of force, but it’s still fine ..

Reactions: rSl
I can see some similar molding marks here but not that deep.

I dropped mine the other day and it landed on the corner. The shoulder button pushed into the case, but no damage done. I had to loosen the screw to pop the button back out. The shoulder buttons are like a crumple zone in a car.

Interesting, I can't remember my prototype cases breaking at that location.
Other parts of the housing broke quite frequently, so maybe that took away the stress of that part and we did not see this happen before.

• Wow
IMG_20210418_205808_DRO.jpg

When I saw this thread, I thought to check. Mine has cracked in the same spot. I'm not too upset, this is a product made by a very small company and I'm sure they're doing the best they can, they don't have the resources to do as extensive of testing as a big company. I'm sure ED will be able to help us.

Is it wrong that I'm more bothered by this than the problems with OpenGLES?

I'm having flashbacks to my DS Lite. The last handheld with decent battery life, but God help that hinge.

Strange, i was under the impression, the Pyra Case where allready better than the Pandora Case, much more though,
at least the Hinge is not that Flimsy than on the Pandora, and i dont had Cracks yet..

Luckily it's onely the top half of the screen that could be easily replaced if I'm correct.
I thought the point of selling spare cases was that the end user could replace the entire case, by themselves, with e.g. a transparent case?

Are the Pyra with Cracks Dark Chrome Painted Pyras?
Maybe the Painting is too thick inside this Part and the Display?

Meh, I'd be pi**** aswell. Let's hope this doesn't get Pandora level bad.
poor old lady

** THIS IS AN OLD 1st BATCH PANDORA NOT A PYRA **

pandora-cracks.png

Last edited:
Back