Cracked Lid Repair ?

Cas

My Pandora's lid has become cracked and I have ordered a new Lid from EDs store.

Now realised that the job to replace it is pretty much the same as replacing the LCD cable or is it a bit easier ?

Yes, the job is pretty much the same as for complete disassembly. You'll need to pop the hinge at least, and almost certainly re-roll the LCD cable, but thankfully apart from that the process is pretty simple.

Yes, the job is pretty much the same as for complete disassembly. You'll need to pop the hinge at least, and almost certainly re-roll the LCD cable, but thankfully apart from that the process is pretty simple.
OK thanks, I did used to worked with electronics and wiring and soldering and stuff so I should be alright with it.

Also I seem to recall that the later LCD cables are all in one with the speakers so no soldering, is that correct ?

I had one of the new ones put into mine so hopefully no soldering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they're the same design, but these days new cables come with new speakers, already soldered on. For you it'll make no difference if you're not replacing the cable anyway.

Yes, they're the same design, but these days new cables come with new speakers, already soldered on. For you it'll make no difference if you're not replacing the cable anyway.
Yes, I have realised that since :)

Back