Cracked nub casing

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
As you can see in the below photos, one of the plastic parts of my left nub is cracked.

1. Has this happened to anyone else?
  2. What might have caused it
  3. How might I fix it - it causes the nub to register extreme leftwards movement, or no leftwards moment at all.
  4. What would be the trade-in/exchange value of my pandora (note that the case is unsaleable due to wear and slight modifications - the LCD cable is somewhat unreliable, but the screen and mainboard (rebirth) work perfectly)

P1000714-crop.JPGP1000712-crop.JPGP1000713-crop.JPG

If you can solder we can sell you a nub.

(Available in the Shop)

If you can not solder you may send it in and I or ED will replace your nub.

(Ask ED for the price)

Thanks for replying so quickly :)

If you can solder we can sell you a nub.

(Available in the Shop)

If you can not solder you may send it in and I or ED will replace your nub.

(Ask ED for the price)
How hard are they to solder?

I can solder, but I'm not sure if I trust myself with sub-mm-perfect precision on a multi-hundred-pound device ;)

Where would be most convenient place to ask ED?

The "contact us" form? PM? email?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing happened to my right nub.

On mine it's kind of annoying because the nub will sometimes get stuck to the right and doesn't go around as smoothly, but it's still usable and it's most annoying when using it for mouse clicks.

How hard are they to solder?

I can solder, but I'm not sure if I trust myself with sub-mm-perfect precision on a multi-hundred-pound device ;)
They are relatively big (in comparison to other pads for smd, bga,etc stuff) so you do not need to be a super-expert in soldering, but there is still a risk.

Where would be most convenient place to ask ED?

The "contact us" form? PM? email?
If you want/need a fast response I suggest the support system of dragonbox.de. If it is not that urgent a PM could help. The least favourable option (in terms of "reaction time") is the support system. Because you will end up with me :p , doing the only thing I know in such a case, assign your case to Ed. He usually handles his tickets there roughly every two weeks (depening on his workload, I guess).

The same happened to my left nub. Responsiveness was slowly degrading over several weeks. Then I sent it to ED/Askarus for a repair as it was less than year since my 1GHz upgrade.

Back