Nub issue

Reflashing typically doesn't help from my experience, What's odd is my 1Ghz unit used to be plagued with the same issue but seems to finally cleared up after 6 months of use or so..

Yes, as mentioned, usage seems to fix it in most cases. It can take a while in normal usage though.

That's why I mentioned to move them fast and hard in circles and multiple directions, as that often fixes it within minutes.

To acces the tester within NubNub, just pause the game while you're playing it (press Start). The tester leaves dots to show the effective range of each nub, it's easier to get an overall view that way (for me anyway)

To acces the tester within NubNub, just pause the game while you're playing it (press Start). The tester leaves dots to show the effective range of each nub, it's easier to get an overall view that way (for me anyway)
OK, I pressed space to pause... never even occured to me to press ALT for pausing ;) .

Yes, nice. But of course this just confirmed what I already knew. I got a "yellow apple" from which someone has bitten the top left area :p .

I wish it were just possible to handle this the regular way: dismantle joystick, carefully deox and clean potentiometer contacts, put it back together, done for the next 5 years... assuming you actually manage to use during said years...

But for sure with the nubs we're talking of a scale of things which makes this approach totally impossible in practice :( ...

Well, saying that I of course also assume impurities is the problem here, rather than calibration...

Mine would be an orange with a diagonal line acorss the bottom right. I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope it eases out again with time as listed above!

Back