Crackly Sound With Headphones

ctbirkett

Still Fresh
Hi everyone. This is my first post as I just recieved my GP2X today. I'm very happy with it except that when I plug the headphones in, the right side is muted. However, when I turn the volume all the way up, I do get sound from the right side, but it is very crackly and distorted. I did search through these forums and saw the posts about speakers not turning off with the headphones in and similar posts, and I did try different headphones and having the plug a little bit retracted and pushing in a little force. Seems that the headphone jack is a real issue with this product but I didn't see a problem exactly like mine. I called the importer I bought it from today and they have emailed me a paid shipping label to send it back for a replacement, but I just wanted to check if anyone had any ideas, because I'd rather not send it back. Maybe I need to do the solder thing? I just hate to wait for the turnaround now that I'm just starting to have fun with it!!! Oh well, no Fedex on the weekend anyway, so I'll play with it till Monday I guess! ;)

Back