Cradle Problems

eRETROnic

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Just got a cradle which i have connected via s video lead to tv and external power supply.

it works with my f100 fine but not my f200 (the tv screen stays blank)

anyone got any ideas?

thx

'eRETROnic' said:
Just got a cradle which i have connected via s video lead to tv and external power supply.

it works with my f100 fine but not my f200 (the tv screen stays blank)

anyone got any ideas?

thx
Just an update on this problem, have tried it on two different tvs (so no tv problem). have tried it on f100 (works fine) and on the f200 (no signal) (so no cradle problem).

has anyone else got a cradle and a f200 working ok? if so any pointers as to what i am doing wrong.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
'eRETROnic' said:
Just an update on this problem, have tried it on two different tvs (so no tv problem). have tried it on f100 (works fine) and on the f200 (no signal) (so no cradle problem).

has anyone else got a cradle and a f200 working ok? if so any pointers as to what i am doing wrong.

thanks
I have a GP2X-F200 and cradle and works perfectly. Initially, the rubber cover for the 'EXT' connecter at the bottom of the GP2X was in the way. But since I had removed it (Opened up the console and carefully removed this rubber cover), I was able to get a snug connection between the two. Other people have reported in ripping off that cover as it is of no use if you used the cradle a lot.

Hope this helps. :)

'bman' said:
I agree with Tag5. I cut mine so the contacts work on the cradle. No issues.
Yeah mine is ripped off, it makes the connection ok because the cradle light comes on, when i pick tv out on the f200 the screen goeas balck on it like it should but the tv stays black as well.(no signall)

'eRETROnic' said:
'bman' said:

Yeah mine is ripped off, it makes the connection ok because the cradle light comes on, when i pick tv out on the f200 the screen goeas balck on it like it should but the tv stays black as well.(no signall)
Ok, have a read of this previous post and give it a whirl:-

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=39979

'Tag5' said:
'eRETROnic' said:
'bman' said:

Ok, have a read of this previous post and give it a whirl:-

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=39979
Reading that they seem to have a different issue i.e usb host problems. mine is just the fact that although the cradle indicates the gp2x is connected the tv screen says no signal

'eRETROnic' said:
Reading that they seem to have a different issue i.e usb host problems. mine is just the fact that although the cradle indicates the gp2x is connected the tv screen says no signal
The basis of the article was merely highlighting that some cradles will not fit snuggly and that not all contacts are sitting correctly with the GP2X-F200 as it was initially designed and made for the GP2X-F100 thus that working correctly for you.

Pay close attention to a response from Zektor as he details what was done to make the connector of the cradle more prominent for it to connect fully.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=39979&st=15#

Can this be tested?

Other than that, I am still using the original firmware version 4.0 and below are the steps I take to get the cradle working with my TV:-

* Connect the powered on GP2X-F200 to the cradle;
* Select 'Settings' and then 'System';
* Turn on the 'USB Host';
* Select 'TV-Out' and depending whether your TV is either 'NTSC' or 'PAL' then select the corresponding option;
* Select the AV channel (Video source) on your TV and now the GP2X menu should be on the TV screen.

Hope this helps. B)

'Tag5' said:
'eRETROnic' said:
The basis of the article was merely highlighting that some cradles will not fit snuggly and that not all contacts are sitting correctly with the GP2X-F200 as it was initially designed and made for the GP2X-F100 thus that working correctly for you.

Pay close attention to a response from Zektor as he details what was done to make the connector of the cradle more prominent for it to connect fully.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=39979&st=15#

Can this be tested?

Other than that, I am still using the original firmware version 4.0 and below are the steps I take to get the cradle working with my TV:-

* Connect the powered on GP2X-F200 to the cradle;
* Select 'Settings' and then 'System';
* Turn on the 'USB Host';
* Select 'TV-Out' and depending whether your TV is either 'NTSC' or 'PAL' then select the corresponding option;
* Select the AV channel (Video source) on your TV and now the GP2X menu should be on the TV screen.

Hope this helps. B)

Just an update on my above problem, I tried dismantling the cradle without success as it still didn't work the F200

Got hold of the Tv lead from play asia and have tried that, the same thing is happening as with the cradle, which is works fine with f100 but no picture with my f200!!

Anyone got any ideas??

i hav gp2x-f100,
when i plug it with cradle, gp2x wont boot......
it stuck with white screen......
can anyone help??????

we4r.sirus@gmail.com :(

DSC08577-1.jpg

all i've got is this when plug to cradle.......
somebody plz HELP me......
is it cradle problem, or wat??????

Back