Gp2x Wont Fit In Cradle?

The Last Spartan

Still Fresh
Website
gbatemp.net
Christmas today so I finally got around to using my GP2X + Cradle. Thing is though that the GP2X will not go into the cradle :angry: The TV-Out cables I got work fine but the GP2X will not go into it ( Took of rubber bit as well) Please help me :(

EDIT - F100 MK2 BTW

Sorry...... It goes to the point where it feels like its touching the connector, but it wont go down. I had a read up about the cradle months before I had my GP2X, so I knew to take off the EXT connector cover before hand.

This youtube video pretty much explains it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNMuM4nq4Zo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure someone else has had the same problem although I'm unsure about the results, maybe a search for that would be fruitful?

Some cradles are incompatible with some F-200s. I tried tons of them and matched the cradles with compatible GP2X one by one. Another weirdness... :glare:

Edit: This also applies to F-100.

I bought my gp2x f-200 and cradle from play-asia my gp2x fitted fine on the cradle, thanks goodness i didn't get this problem i did take off the tab at the bottom otherwise the gp2x doesn't fit properly make sure take off the tab the ext port goes into the cradle and the machine is facing you so you can see the screen looking at you give this a try.

Squidge said:
I'm sure someone else has had the same problem although I'm unsure about the results, maybe a search for that would be fruitful?
Search turns up nothing. Seems like it doesnt accept 3 letter words (fit)

So I may have to return the cradle <_< ?

gp2xstore.com good with support BTW?

My cradle had problems, too. You just kind of have to relentlessly smash it in until it fits, haha. I'm pretty sure a piece of plastic is at a bad angle or something, so you have to try and put it in at an angle. After I fought with it for a while, it popped in, and it hasn't given me any problems since then. Goes in and out relatively easy now.

yeah I would've said maybe the ext port is too tight but you say your tv cable works fine...

I would email the company you bought it from and explain the problem

and in the meantime I would consider using brute force =P

or maybe use a flash light and try to see what's missing for it to fit... maybe you can file down de connector on the cradle a mm or two

Does anyone elses tv out cable move around when its in the GP2X? Because mine does (always has)

EDIT 1 - Looks its my GP2X <_< If I was to exchange it with where I bought would I get a GP2X F100 or a F200? I really want to keep F100.

EDIt 2 - How long does it take and do gp2xstore.com answer emails?

The Last Spartan said:
Squidge said:
Search turns up nothing. Seems like it doesnt accept 3 letter words (fit)

You can use google to search the site when the sites own search doesn't work:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...earch&meta=

which turns up this:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=37870

Doesn't seem to help you much though unfortunately...

we had the same problem . the cradle didn't fit. the design is out by a few mm.
I managed to get the gp2x into the cradle by gently pushing the cradle front at the sae time gentlypushing the gp2x from the back at the same time gently pushing the gp2x downwars in.

I received my cradle this morning. I had the same problem pushing my gp2x into the cradle. I tried like they said with "brute force" and it's now working. You really should try :)

Sure, but don't try as hard as this guy, or you won't have a merry Christmas after all.

The important thing is to put it in at the angle. So like closer to leaning the screen towards the ground.

Back