CraigIX on a grass :)

I was amazed by that game on the Dingoo. For a 430Mhz MIPS with no hardware accelleration, that looks very good.

arrrgh said:
I was amazed by that game on the Dingoo. For a 430Mhz MIPS with no hardware accelleration, that looks very good.
Yeah, that's pretty damn impressive.

Honestly, if the Dingoo gets a serious community going and the manufacturers can get into the 'keep a single product on the shelves for years on end' mentality, we could have ourselves a MAJOR player in the homebrew/emulatey console market.

Im not impressed :) 'coz 7days of salvation is a direct port of the same game form Nokia Ngagae by dingo. Ngage has 195Mhz and on it 7days also works flawlessy :). But.. it still is nice to see good 3d gfx on opennahdheld.

EDIT:

If dingoo ported 7days, im waiting for HellStriker...

Do we have a "Dingo vs. GP2X" thread yet, because I'm interested. Being a GP2X owner.

The Dingoo is a lovely machine and well worth a look. Sadly emulation isn't great at the moment as most of the ones available are sloppy ports but the dev community is working on getting Linux up and running so we should see some major developments in the future.

The slim form factor and great gaming interface make this a much better option than the GP2X, IMO - it's just that the GP2X has years of development behind it.

BackAssward said:
Do we have a "Dingo vs. GP2X" thread yet, because I'm interested. Being a GP2X owner.
I'd like to see that too. Mine could bite the dust soon and I could have to replace it while the 2nd batch of Pandoras becomes available. (Please last longer :gp2x: )

Good review, many thanks for that. Oddly you didn't really mention in your review that the wiz has a touchscreen?

Regards

André

StreaK said:
Im not impressed :) 'coz 7days of salvation is a direct port of the same game form Nokia Ngagae by dingo. Ngage has 195Mhz and on it 7days also works flawlessy :). But.. it still is nice to see good 3d gfx on opennahdheld.

EDIT:

If dingoo ported 7days, im waiting for HellStriker...

Looks like they already are, and I've seen hell Striker 2 running even.

BackAssward said:

I have one as well (and a gp32) and I would say the gp2x is overall a better machine.
For one, you will NEVER not be able to get batteries for it. There is a much larger choice of software available for the gp2x and there is a very supportive community. You can still get good knowledgeable to help you with your gp32. I don't think there will be a community built around the dingoo because it won't be made very long.

All that said, it does seem to do what it does, pretty well. It does have a better snes emulator, although I think ultimately the gp2x could do it better.

Duddyroar said:
The Dingoo is a lovely machine and well worth a look. Sadly emulation isn't great at the moment as most of the ones available are sloppy ports but the dev community is working on getting Linux up and running so we should see some major developments in the future.

The slim form factor and great gaming interface make this a much better option than the GP2X, IMO - it's just that the GP2X has years of development behind it.

It's funny you should bring up the form factor. I personally think it's the worst part about it. The thing is simply too small for my hands and fingers and my hands are very small for my size. The gba micro is too small and the dingoo really looks too small for me.

But it's funny that you like the most, what I feel is it's weakest point.

Chris

christo930 said:
Duddyroar said:

It's funny you should bring up the form factor. I personally think it's the worst part about it. The thing is simply too small for my hands and fingers and my hands are very small for my size. The gba micro is too small and the dingoo really looks too small for me.

Chris

I don't think you're going to like the Wiz at all then :/

I have very small hands too and at first it seemed unusable, but I got used to it as I learned to hold it differently.

Exophase said:
I have very small hands too and at first it seemed unusable, but I got used to it as I learned to hold it differently.

Had the same problem, after a hour playing I know how to hold and it is very playable :)

Exophase said:
christo930 said:
Duddyroar said:

Chris

I don't think you're going to like the Wiz at all then :/

Maybe all hope isn't lost for me owning a wiz?
Between the gp32 and gp2x I thought the gp32 was a better size and better controls. I haven't tried a gb micro, I was always turned off by it's size. I guess I will have to play with a GBM to see if I could truly get used to a Wiz. I did use my niece's nds and that worked out fine.

Chris

Back