Craig's selling more Pandoras on Ebay for £135

For those defending Craig's actions: That's your choice and your view. However, if you think Craig's actions are so excusable...how about you taking over from ED and giving him - and those that have donated - a break, from having to fix Craig's mistake, instead?. I believe this is a case of putting your money where your mouth is. I'm sure Craig will be most grateful to you for defending his name. Note my sarcasm.

Why do a thread about craig is created in here while I'm trying to sell my caanoo. Each new post here bring excitment then disapointment. Ohh well ;)

(yep you read it right : advertizing :D )

@sebt3: Lol! Awww. I don't want a caanoo (not a noodle what that is) but if you have a canoe. .

Ahem, sorry, back to topic...*focuses*

@sebt3: Lol! Awww. I don't want a caanoo (not a noodle what that is) but if you have a canoe. .

Ahem, sorry, back to topic...*focuses*

The GP2X Caanoo is an open-source Linux-based handheld video game console. Essentially a forerunner of Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can understand your logic here but I would be astounded if any payment from Craig to ED had been made for this service. 

The soldering was free, ED done it for Craig with out costs. The nubs were not free. After rethinking I think GC was not involved into this, but I am not sure.

I can think of a few possibilities.

1. Craigix had accidentally labeled a bunch of broken junk pcbs as nub failures.

2. Craigix was in a hurry as he wants to get rid of all that ASAP, in the process of this, he somehow made it even worse.

3. He's a complete tosser, and all he wants is to waste ED's time and break Pandora community apart. (There's no rational reason to do this other than utterly wickedness)

4. Most of the PCBs were in fact not broken, and Craigix had sold most of them to make a quick buck. Craigix only replied ED with that was because he did't want to pay ED. He wanted ED to believe he had not made a cents from selling those.

So, which is the most plausible out of all this ridiculous accusations? Should ED be paid for his time and effort regardless of what Craigix's saying? Should Craigix be more transparent and tell people why he's been selling perfectly functional pandoras before sending some to his customers who trusted him and had been waiting since the stone age?

PS: Not trying to start a flame war or to attack Craigix on a personal level. Most of us don't like living in muds and taking excuses after excuses in our faces.

My best guess is he doesnt intend to send Pandoras to his customers (who have already paid him) i believe he'd rather just make some fast money and his actions kind of prove this.

Why did he let me replace the nubs on PCBs he hasn't even tested before?
Well, did you indicate to him clearly in emails that you will not test the PCBs, but only replace the nubs and send them back right away?Maybe he figured he'd get free testing and possibly even fixes...
Yes. I even offered to send him new testing SD Cards which test everything, as the only ones he had were outdated and only tested Wifi and keyboards...

More likely, though, is that he did not really know what was wrong with the PCBs. He just guessed they could be the nubs.

When it was, fine, working PCB to sell to a new customer.
Probably, as he mentioned before these boards only have nub issues.

Well, did you indicate to him clearly in emails that you will not test the PCBs, but only replace the nubs and send them back right away?
Maybe he figured he'd get free testing and possibly even fixes...
Yes. I even offered to send him new testing SD Cards which test everything, as the only ones he had were outdated and only tested Wifi and keyboards...

More likely, though, is that he did not really know what was wrong with the PCBs. He just guessed they could be the nubs.

When it was, fine, working PCB to sell to a new customer.
Probably, as he mentioned before these boards only have nub issues.
I think you're missing the most basic reason.

You were replacing the nubs for free - noted above that you discounted as 3 hours of work.  He may value your time at exactly the rate you were charging him.  So, he piled up everything that didn't work and sent it your way in hopes that the 'free' nub replacements would fix a bunch of them.  He had nothing to loose and >$100 per successful unit sold to gain.

Apparently now he's disappointed in the success rate for the nub repairs and would like you to warranty the work you did for free?

Don't fall into that trap.

The only good thing about Craig selling Pandora consoles at fire sale prices is that he has a limited supply.  Don't feed that beast anymore.

Don't give him more units, help with existing units or warranty repairs for his new customers (tough love for them).

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me:

Did you expect that he will tell you:

"You replaced the nubs so that I'll sell it at ebay, and laugh on remaining preorders"

Btw you said that he bought other parts (lcd cables, etc) for asembling Pandoras. So, you think that he bought it from you for PCB that won't work? ...

After some contemplation it seems to me that ED owe Craig new PCBs. Craig subtly suggested  the he sent proper, correct PCBs to ED, and ED broke it.

ED, how could you?

For those defending Craig's actions: That's your choice and your view. However, if you think Craig's actions are so excusable...how about you taking over from ED and giving him - and those that have donated - a break, from having to fix Craig's mistake, instead?. I believe this is a case of putting your money where your mouth is. I'm sure Craig will be most grateful to you for defending his name. Note my sarcasm.
Actually, I believe this has been put forward to Craig, if I remember things correctly. A long time ago, for sure, but still - There have been people who has offered to take over the work. Craig was not too keen then, and I believe he wouldn't be to keen now.

We all can do it,lets hold on together :)

Please donate too now :)
I managed to buy and receive 3 new Pandoras already, two of them from Craig's company, by paying for them, and by paying more once (initial "premium upgrade"), and by being patient and respectful.

Call me a troll, but I figure if people really want a Pandora, they could have got one already.  If people want to hang on waiting for their doomed pre-order, for which the money is long gone and lost in misadventure, they can do that too.

Those latter long-suffering people are not likely ever to get a Pandora, unless by some miracle.

I have donated some money on several occasions in the past, but I won't be donating any more to the pre-order fund from now on.

I'd rather give money to Craig and ED personally as a gift to help them recover from their much greater losses.

@sswam: And what about those that have now lost their money and can't afford to spend more on buying another one? What happens to those people? Or are they not as important as ED and Craig's business losses (no offence to you, ED)?

It's easy to dismiss Darkborn based on his profanity and speaking directly to ED. But if you strip all of the rhetoric he has a point.
Nah it's just profanity and rhetoric.  If a person doesn't write like a moderate adult, why should I hunt through to find some meaning?

Rest of the thread seems much the same, if not quite so out there.

I have donated to the preorder fund and will continue to do so to help those that handed over their money in good faith and have received nothing for it.

It wouldn't be accepted if you handed money over in a supermarket and went home with nothing. And it's not acceptable in this situation either.

@sswam: And what about those that have now lost their money and can't afford to spend more on buying another one? What happens to those people? Or are they not as important as ED and Craig's business losses (no offence to you, ED)?

I have donated to the preorder fund and will continue to do so to help those that handed over their money in good faith and have received nothing for it.

It wouldn't be accepted if you handed money over in a supermarket and went home with nothing. And it's not acceptable in this situation either.
Indeed, their losses are not so important to me, being magnitudes smaller.

It was crystal clear from day one that backing the open pandora was a risky business, it's not like supermarket shopping.

Some people got unlucky with it, I'm sorry for that.  Bad luck.  We didn't and can't donate enough to help them get their product.  The end.

Back