Cralde And Built-in Speakers

skovsende

Still Fresh
I have just received the cradle and hooked it up to the stereo and TV and everthing seem to work perfectly - except:

How do I disable the internal speaker when the GP2x is in the cardle?

I couldnt find anything by searchign the forums :(

If you need to disable the speaker then you could always do a quick hack -- just plug something in the headphone socket. AFAIK, the speakers are disabled soon as a connector is put in the socket, even if the connector has nothing attached to it. So if you have some broken earphones or something you could cut the connector off and use that I suppose.
{I don't actually have the cradle myself, so I'm not sure how well this would actually work in practice.}

clone said:
If you need to disable the speaker then you could always do a quick hack -- just plug something in the headphone socket. AFAIK, the speakers are disabled soon as a connector is put in the socket, even if the connector has nothing attached to it. So if you have some broken earphones or something you could cut the connector off and use that I suppose.
{I don't actually have the cradle myself, so I'm not sure how well this would actually work in practice.}
No. When something is stuffed into the heaphone port, the sound is disabled from the tv-out cable too.
Actually I had a loose headphone socket around and tried to put it in the headphone socket.
My solution #1: Buy an AUX cable and get the audio to your tv via the headphone port. You can get these in most electronics related shops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternatively, put your GP2x really really close to your TV and turn the volume p on that and down on the 2x. I imagine it wouldn't be too different to having a separate set of tweaters. Fake suround sound - yay!

Get a crappy pair of headphones. Cut off the wire just by the jack. Plug the jack in.

Nova said:
Get a crappy pair of headphones. Cut off the wire just by the jack. Plug the jack in.
*sigh* CARE to read a few posts above?

Miika said:
When something is stuffed into the heaphone port, the sound is disabled from the tv-out cable too.
Actually I had a loose headphone socket around and tried to put it in the headphone socket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back