Crap Adventure Construction Kit

OrR posted on Dec 19 2006 at 10:07 PM said:
Requesting name change to CrACK! :D
Cack is English slang for shit, so as far as I'm concerned it's name is the most important part :).

sam fisher posted on Dec 19 2006 at 10:11 PM said:
Is there any chance of that GP2x Lacuna port you mentioned a year ago :D or at least a source code release.
Source, no. Port, probably.

fatdad posted on Dec 19 2006 at 10:12 PM said:
can you shoot enemies in this , the finish game \ editor i mean, i have so many f~~king games locked up in my head you wouldn't believe, please put a shoot enemies and be shot by enemies option in this, imagine collecting health ,ammo , intel etc. while making your way around a war ruined city \ landscape......there goes my brain again dreaming lol.....looks realy promising :eek:
Nope, sorry. Don't have any plans to add any kind of shooting, health etc or even moving NPCs/enemies. Maybe an editor like the one Amon_Re is working on will allow stuff like that, but I'm aiming for a different type of gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
woogal posted on Dec 20 2006 at 12:07 PM said:
Cack is English slang for shit, so as far as I'm concerned it's name is the most important part :).

Is there any chance of that GP2x Lacuna port you mentioned a year ago :D or at least a source code release.

can you shoot enemies in this , the finish game \ editor i mean, i have so many f~~king games locked up in my head you wouldn't believe, please put a shoot enemies and be shot by enemies option in this, imagine collecting health ,ammo , intel etc. while making your way around a war ruined city \ landscape......there goes my brain again dreaming lol.....looks realy promising :eek:
Nope, sorry. Don't have any plans to add any kind of shooting, health etc or even moving NPCs/enemies. Maybe an editor like the one Amon_Re is working on will allow stuff like that, but I'm aiming for a different type of gameplay.
:(

woogal posted on Dec 20 2006 at 12:07 PM said:

We need that addicting game on GP2x, lacuna that is!

woogal posted on Dec 20 2006 at 01:07 PM said:

No shooting here neighter, but once i finish this project i might add that to a different "branch" of the sourcetree, i'll see what i can do.

I'm supposing this should be something akin of Alien Breed on Amiga? (top-down shooter)

I've had to abandon usage of the 2X of late due to IRL things but do still browse the forums, and i never usually download anything and just use the console for messing with, but seeing there was a windows version with this i downloaded it during my dinner hour.

I now officially do not like Woogal as using this has made me yearn for some time to get on the 2X again, especially as i have something that would fit nicely into it if i had the time ;)

Excellent stuff and i hope people do adopt it because it would be a crying shame to waste.

PS Anyone wanting any tiles etc could try googling for Reiner's Tilesets or maybe look here http://www.molotov.nu/?page=graphics

woogal posted on Dec 20 2006 at 01:07 PM said:
Yeah, well, that works in German, too, and it's why I wanted it changed to something that is somewhat more positive... Oh well, who really cares what it's called, anyway? :D

Hey,

I've just been playing around with this, its great, hand the scope/potential of what could be achieved here is awesome! Has anyone produced anything using it yet? Any news on the design gui?

Its wicked, because it gives us non-coders a chance to produce something that may still be attractive to the masses, if its done right. (Eg; remember Dreamweb on the Amiga..?)

Hey,

I've just been playing around with this, its great, hand the scope/potential of what could be achieved here is awesome! Has anyone produced anything using it yet? Any news on the design gui?

Its wicked, because it gives us non-coders a chance to produce something that may still be attractive to the masses, if its done right. (Eg; remember Dreamweb on the Amiga..?)

I remember the Amiga fondly, but not dreamweb.... please elaborate

I remember the Amiga fondly, but not dreamweb.... please elaborate

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/dreamweb

Ryan, a bartender from a dystopian future can't sleep peacefully for months. His nights are sequences of nightmares and strange dreams, days with frequent black-outs with strange visions, until one night a figure in monk attire appears to him, and tells him the story of the seven evil ones, uniting to destroy to Dreamweb, the only barrier between the world and darkness. The monk makes a proposition: Ryan becomes the deliverer: the one who would keep the Dreamweb safe by killing those who try to destroy it.

Descending into paranoia and just wanting dreams to stop, Ryan accepts the mission, then wakes up in a puddle of cold sweat, next to his beloved girlfriend in her house, and late for work. Again.

DreamWeb is a top-down adventure game set in a gritty futuristic/dystopian city. Each location takes only a small portion of the screen without panning (except an optional small zoom window in the corner that follows the cursor), with the player interacting with objects and people by simply clicking them. Ryan has a limited inventory space, and as a lot of objects can be picked up (many without any use), the player must rationalize what might be useful and just filler. Dialogue is straight forward, with no options, but still required to advance in the game (to find new locations, for instance). In situations where many adventure games often feature an indirect approach to solve a problem, Ryan often faces himself with situations where it's "killed or be killed", which result in deaths (sometimes of innocents).

the kill or be killed bit could be tricky...

974067138-00.jpg

Screenie from the PC version.

Hey,

I know of an italian guy who's been playing around with cack (don't think he posts here though), not sure if anyone else is working on anything at the moment. Had to take a break from gp2x coding because I've had a lot of work on since xmas but hopefully should be starting the editor soon.

Back