Cross-Compiling For Dingux

Consequence_9

have you realized that rock stars always seem to l
I'm an intermediate Linux user, so I know the basics of compiling from source & what-not, but I'd like to learn enough so that I might be able to port some apps. I'd like to contribute more to the scene instead of waiting on others. Are there any good resources that I should check out on compiling for other architectures? An example (dingoo specific?) would be invaluable if anyone would be willing to take the time. Ideally I'd like to start with something seemingly simple (like Frodo2x or VICE2x) & work my way up to, say, Picodrive.

Consequence9 said:
I'm an intermediate Linux user, so I know the basics of compiling from source & what-not, but I'd like to learn enough so that I might be able to port some apps. I'd like to contribute more to the scene instead of waiting on others. Are there any good resources that I should check out on compiling for other architectures? An example (dingoo specific?) would be invaluable if anyone would be willing to take the time. Ideally I'd like to start with something seemingly simple (like Frodo2x or VICE2x) & work my way up to, say, Picodrive.
There isn't much Dingoo specific resource available, however if you want to dev for Dingoo Linux, it's very similar to devving for GP2X.
The best thing is to download and examine some source code from various projects (I will be releasing MAME4ALL Dingoo source code soon).
Even looking at GP2X source code will help.
The first thing I ported to Dingoo was rogue - just to test a few things out. I'll release this as well as it's source code in the next few days. Have a look at this as it's a nice and basic example to get you going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back