GP2X Cross Gcc 4.x For Gp2x And Win?

HexDump

Still Fresh
Hi,

Is there any version of GCC 4.X built in order to produce code for win/gp2x (Like the 3.4.2 that is built in in offcial sdk)?. It scares me to start building mine because I have no experience at this.

Thanks in advance,
HexDump.

DevKitGP2X from the archives uses GCC4.X for the GP2X. Not sre about WIndows though.

Does anyone know how to build a crocc gcc compiler on mingw or cygwin? I have not been able to since the 3.x days. I just do it in linux and it works great, but my favorite text editor is windows only...

You could give wine a shot for your editor - 0.9.17 has given me alright results (tested with starcraft and dvdshrink). 0.9.15 had a bad crashing bug when it should have displayed a directory browser window.

BradN posted on Jul 14 2006 at 02:09 PM said:
You could give wine a shot for your editor - 0.9.17 has given me alright results (tested with starcraft and dvdshrink). 0.9.15 had a bad crashing bug when it should have displayed a directory browser window.

Yeah, been there, done that. It works fine in wine except that I lose syntax highlighting, which I have become used to. Textpad is the editor in question...

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember old versions of wine emulated rich text boxes with a plain text box - this hasn't been the case for a while AFAIK, so it might be worth a shot if you haven't tried it in a few months.

Edit: I just gave TextPad a quick try, and it seems to work correctly. The default colors seemed kind of messed up, but it was changeable in the preferences.

At risk of starting an editor flamewar... it only comes with syntax highlighting for 4 languages??? Kate has highlighting for 10 _categories_ of file types, 37 in 'sources'. Sadly though, it doesn't have highlighting for ARM assembly (has MIPS though, which might be easily modifiable).

I was able to get gcc 4.1.1 up and running. It uses newlib and is not intended for use with gp2x linux based apps. Geared towards HH and generic embedded arm development.

http://www.dwelchsoftware.com/arm-20060727a.zip

I could probably build with glibc, but GPH has already done this as pointed out in a prior post.

Back