Current Gp2x Emulation Status

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
Ok, thanks to SatanClaus's picture, I have created a little chart with which handhelds the GP2X can currently emulate. I will update from time to time:

gp2xemulationstatus7ke.jpg

(Note Best Viewed on 1024x768 or higher resolution)

Original Picture: http://www.schmalenstroer.net/gp2x/15.JPG

Yes, very good...Is it a game? Are we supposed to guess what's beneath? ;)

Er, appreciate the effort, but aren't you going to wind up with a bunch of rectangles that nobody can tell what is beneath?

Maybe make it semi-transparent, or a border around each device, or just use a small icon, or something else? :)

some strange looking handhelds. could the person who owns them be kind enough to give us a breakdown of what each console is?

What do you consider emulated? If an emu comes out and it runs at FS2 with no sound does that count? Or does it need to run almost exactly as good as the original to count? For example some would consider PSX to be emulated on the GP2X, but I wouldn't because of the low quality.

Maybe you could make the rectangle more transparent for poorly emulated systems and more opaque for the well emulated ones.

Shouldn't the portable NES players be covered? Should be that weird looking GBA above the real one, and I think the sexy white thing on the bottom-right.

Someone should do the same with consoles. I would, but the only console I have is an NES, and I'd just post a picture of an NES and type 'EMULATED' over it, semi transparent, of course :)

yea i only recognize about half those and can name them here goes tope row: cant recall name(its a GB clone), atari lynx, atari lynx II , tiger game.com
second row:nomad, rest unknown first might be gameaxe
third row: turbo express, dont know, neo*geo pocket and pocket color, wonderswan and WS color (i think), pokemon handheld thingy, i dont know
fourth row: first 2 GB clones?, gp32, gp2x psp, ds, unknown, GBA, ngage QD, tacophone(aka ngage)
last row: gmaeboys, gba SP. pokifami (pocket famicom

i did all those from memory too! lol, too much free time

there are a fewq things there i have never ever seen in my life.... and the full sized image shows weird names... what are they ? chinese copies ?
but the white thing on the bottom right has japanese on it ... ?!

I'm new to this handheld scene, the only one I have is the PSP and I hope my GP2X comes this week.

Anyway back to the photo, does it show all the handhelds ever made ?

Does anyone know a link to a list of all of them, their release dates and includes links to site to download emulators, games and info ?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just curious.

Back