What whe have allready:
- GL4ES Support
- Audio Issue was fixed (i think so)
- BOX86
- lots of Emulators and some interesting Ports
- Easy way to connect Bluetooth Audio Stuff thanks to a modern Debian
- charging whit about every Micro USB Cable you can find in your fundus

What is still needed:
- HDMI Out Support via Software, the Port allready works but seems like its dosnt work whit Tiler
- User Configurable LED Config : I would like to see that my Pyra Charges, even when the LID is closed
- Hybernate Mode Close the Lid, forgett the Unit or some sort of Low Power Mode like on the Pandora

Maybe tomorrow ^^ When i also check if this USB Stick is WLAN.. or i make a 1 Minute video where i scroll right as the Audio Window dosnt fit on one screen..

I made some pictures, maybe someone could say if these are good
86c2eb0b773089101d3cf899cb6d88ee.jpg

9e31d44f72531175ca8f9d726cb34456.jpg

f1d006ccce807f5d20ff187457707b86.jpg

Yes, notwithstanding the report from ED that the change has to be made in some chip registers which I doubt would be shown in alsamixer, that should be useful state for debugging issues.

It was more meant as in comparison to the Pandora who only charged whit a PSP Charger,
Also the Cables I used work: the Controller Charge Cable from the Xbox, a Cable from a Tiny Flashlight, the only cable that ditnt charge is the roll on cable who is damaged anyway..

Hi all,

I removed my post as most of the issues are already covered in the FAQ.

Sorry for the noise :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

EDIT: do we have any news regarding the work on the audio driver (by @hns IIRC) ?

Last edited:
Well whit the need to chose the right Audio Output first, i thought this was known ^^, maybe i have to make a Video Tutorial or something..
Or its just because the Audio is still controlled from the CPU and not from the Audio Chip.. but i dont know how other Linux based Notebooks deal whit Bluetooth Audio..

After the Fail on the first few weeks when i accidently took the Boot Bit from the internal Drive when i wantet to took it from the SD Card, i decided to just push the left SD Card Out when i want to boot the Pyra, no need to take it out completly, ..

OK, I guess that's it for me. I'm giving up.
I tried to "just play a sound". After having no luck with the image delivered with my (prepreorder Pyra) I did give it a run with the newest image (41) and matzesus audio setting advice.
After doing that and copying some .ogg and .mp3 files to my pyra I'm now stuck with audacious not playing any of the files (it simply says "playing" but nothing actually does, time just stays put at 0:00).
So I am not even able to find out, if the sound fix actually work.

• Sad
Reactions: rSl
(it simply says "playing" but nothing actually does, time just stays put at 0:00).
I suppose it's something wrong with Audacious itself then, or the audio codec used, also it is even possible that it is using the wrong sound device by default, have a look at the logs and the configuration.
I'm not sure if MP3 or OGG codecs are present by default on the device or if they must be installed separately.

Last edited:
I allready testet MP3 on Audicias, ..
There are also 2 Players: Audacity, and Audacious or how it was pronounced, i think Audacious was the one i also use to play C64 Sid Music

I even testet DVD and CD Playback via my USB DVD Drive, its reads them, but Music over CD ditnt work.. maybe because the USB Drive needs to much current, thats why my RGB Keyboard had some Issues whit the Pyra, but works perfectly on the Phytium..

Some Package are needed for certain tasks, DVD Video needs an encoder, so maybe you dont installed one.., not everything is on the OS itself as some stuff make some trouble for Selling the Device, like Codecs,

therefore there was this "Comunity Codec Pack" for Pandora, so Synaptic on Pyra is the place to get stuff..

I suppose it's something wrong with Audacious itself then, or the audio codec used, also it is even possible that it is using the wrong sound device by default, have a look at the logs and the configuration.
I'm not sure if MP3 or OGG codecs are present by default on the device or if they must be installed separately.
Was working with the image that came with the Pyra, just with very annoying noise on the cable headphone. Now the same files doesn't even start..
So you say they might be excluded form the new image?

Was working with the image that came with the Pyra, just with very annoying noise on the cable headphone. Now the same files doesn't even start..
So you say they might be excluded form the new image?

Could be possible, in most of the Linux distributions at least MP3 codecs are on a different repository that must be included by hand, because of different proprietary licenses.

On the Pandora there was a dedicated downloadable package just for that.

Also, i have the issue that on Pyra Debian, the Package "PDF Import" for Libre Office is there, but on the Debian 11 on Phytium PC, i cant find it in Synaptic..
So there are difference even if you have Debian...

Wasn't there a change in how free or unfree MP3 is - like patents ending or something?

Back