Cyberhocky V2.0 Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Neoman released a new version of Cyberhocky, an Airhockey-like game for your gp2x.
The new version features new graphics and new sounds.

cyberhockeyBG.jpg

Download: Cyberhocky 2.0

also has new physics on paddles. readme.txt has more info on all controls.
Fun for 5 min at a time!

First, I love this game, but there's a bug (or several bugs) that causes the puck to go away, so I decided to do some testing and here's the results (if you want them)

*FIRST ACTION is what happens before the bug goes away
*AI REACTION is how the AI reacts, I'm not sure if this is at all needed, but It's there just in case.

1.(speed set at: 200MHz)(SCORE: 2 to 2)(first program ran after boot)
*FIRST ACTION:
puck brushes the right side of the "right slidey thingy" around the middle of the board
and leaves through the bottom of the board.
*AI's REACTION:
goes and stays in the bottom corner.

2.(speed set at: 200MHz)(SCORE: 0 to 2)(second program ran after boot, played right after
the first scenario)
*FIRST ACTION:
puck brushes the left side of the "right slidey thingy" around the top/middle of the board
and leaves through the bottom of the board.
*AI's REACTION:

3.(speed set at: 200MHz)(SCORE: 1 to 8)(third program ran after boot, played right after
the second scenario)
*FIRST ACTION:
I hit bounced my puck into my goal about 3 times in less than 0.5 of a second and it
disappeared off the left side of the board (around the middle)
*AI's REACTION:

4.(speed set at: 200MHz)(SCORE: 1 to 1)(first program ran after boot)
*FIRST ACTION:
the puck was hit by the AI guy straight to me, I hit it and it disappeared.
*AI's REACTION:

5.(speed set at: 250MHz)(SCORE: 3 to 0)(second program ran after boot, played after the
fourth scenario)
*FIRST ACTION:
puck hits the left side of the "right slidey thingy" around the middle of the board and
leaves through the bottom of the board
*AI's REACTION:

5.5(speed set at: 250MHz)(SCORE: 7 to 10)(third program ran after boot, played after fifth
scenario)
No problems what-so-ever.

6.(speed set at: 250MHz)(SCORE: 0 to 0)(fourth program ran after boot, played after
scenario 5.5)
*FIRST ACTION:
with the first hit I knocked the puck off the bottom of the screen.
*AI's REACTION:

7.(speed set at: 250MHz)(SCORE: 7 to 5)(first program ran after boot)
*FIRST ACTION:
The puck met the left side of the "left slidey thingy" and sort of rode up to the top with

it, then left through the top of the board.
*AI's REACTION:
went up and left through the top of the board (and has totally left the screen.)

7.5(speed set at 280MHz)(SCORE: 7 to 10)(second program ran after boot, ran right after
the 7th scenario)
Everything went smoothly.

8.(speed set at: 280MHz)(SCORE: 8 to 6)(third program ran after boot, ran right after
scenario 7.5)
*FIRST ACTION:
everything froze (probably due to the over clock)

9.(speed set at: 280MHz)(SCORE: 5 to 10)(first program ran after boot)
Everything went smoothly.

10.(speed set at: 280MHz)(SCORE: 5 to 8)(second program ran after boot program ran after
boot)
*FIRST ACTION:
everything froze again.

11.(speed set at: 280MHz)(SCORE: 8 to 10)(first program ran after boot)
Everything went smoothly (except, once again, I lost!!)

12.(speed set at: 280MHz)(SCORE: 3 to 5)(first program ran after boot)
*FIRST ACTION:
I hit the puck up through the top and it left, The AI guy went off the screen through the
top too, but the puck came back (I think from the top left corner, is this an "auto reset"
thing? The AI guy came back too.
THEN,
the puck hit the right side of the "right slidey thingy" and rode up with it and left
through the top. and never returned. (the AI guy left through the top of the board again
too) And then, after a few seconds, the game froze. (sorry but I don't know how long "a
few seconds" is, when I put the GP2X down to type this it was still running, but when I
finished I noticed it had already crashed.)

13.(speed set at: 280MHz)(SCORE: to )(first program ran after boot)
*FIRST ACTION:
well, I knocked it through the top of the board again, the AI guy left the screen through
the top again and the 4 to 5 seconds later it crashed.

That's the end of todays report, I have some coding (less sophisticated than yours) to
finish.

I hope this can help.
Have fun.

I have just played for over 30 mins and the puck never got lost??!! ,,, I think that if you have the LCD set to high rates (to the left in the LCD options) it may be messing with my 30fps sprite check. so if you have it set to say 70 or 100 (thats like 3/4 to full left on the LCD options in gp2x menu) it may be effecting the game.

I also made this for PPC and Lunix / Windows - these all work flawless. so check that LCd option and also I never overclocked this game (wasnt made to use any O/C ). hope this helps:)

nice game :D

but i have a question....how in the name of all that is god fearing and holy do you turn the volume down? :(

I must say I have tried to get a volume control to work.. but it only made the sounds go on or off. I trying to get round this problem. so next release will hopfully have volume control :)

DawnOfTheRent posted on Sep 14 2006 at 01:38 AM said:
I know I probably shouldn't be making requests (since I made you read an insanely long bug report for no reason at all). But,..... in the next release could you disable the [L] and [R] buttons in the 2 player mode? (since the [R] button is on Player 2's side, which gives them a little control over my bat)
At least you have a good excuse if you loose ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tripmonkey_uk posted on Sep 13 2006 at 07:41 PM said:
DawnOfTheRent posted on Sep 14 2006 at 01:38 AM said:
I know I probably shouldn't be making requests (since I made you read an insanely long bug report for no reason at all). But,..... in the next release could you disable the [L] and [R] buttons in the 2 player mode? (since the [R] button is on Player 2's side, which gives them a little control over my bat)
At least you have a good excuse if you loose ;)

Ok, then just add an option where you can enable/disable it. That way every time Tripmonkey UK loses he can secretly enable it and blame his loss on that. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe , I will turn them off as i see almost no use for them myself. I find it harder to use them then the stick. (my stick wont go left now without pushing very hard on it) :(.

Wow, that sounds like it could be inconvenient. (I don't know much about it but,) is it hitting the plastic on the outside (the housing), if so, can you scrape some of it off with a knife or something? I doubt that's it, but I can't think of any other reasons for that behavior. (of course, that doesn't mean too much, since I'm new to the GP2X)

Back