D-pad directions stuck after released

I stopped using AB Mouse in the end because I had a hard time remembering to turn it off when I needed to as well, and just learned to live with my slightly funky right nub. However, I guess I was more used to using the B button in my games, so when that stopped working I knew what was up pretty quickly.

So are you suggesting this is a (reliable) problem in all the games you've tested only when running AB Mouse? That does sound like an AB Mouse bug to me - it shouldn't affect the DPAD.

In three of the four games I tested it was because of AB Mouse. Still not sure about Squared, since I very rarely have problems there. I didn't test other games (and don't have time right now). Usually, I think, if I run into anything because of it the problem is that the buttons have been repurposed for mouse clicking (so no jump in Chuckie Egg, and what I mentioned in Metroid, which I used to play semi-frequently), so I pick up on it pretty quick, and leave the game to turn it off, then go back to the game. That is inconvenient and a time waster, which is why I try to stick with the habit of turning it off when I play games. I probably won't use my other nub for clicking. That always felt off to me. Instead I will probably just use the stylus more, which may be more of a headache when using LibreOffice and web browsers.

If ED would just send me a Pyra I can skip all this hassle and just use my Pandora for emulators and games. ;)

I don't know that I would say that AB Mouse has a bug without further investigation. I haven't noticed issues in normal mouse related use, but then again who is hitting arrows at the same time they are clicking while working on a document? If it can be looked at and fixed I would appreciate I. I don't remember who made it, and this doesn't seem like an issue for most people, so it may not be worth it. I will try to report it in the next few days, just so there is a paper trail. I was thinking a brief description and a link to this thread if there is a thread for it, and also a heads up on the repo.

I don't know how many people still use AB Mouse. it was a neat idea, but I found it too much of a hassle to be bothered with personally, and as you say maybe other people don't play games on their Pandora and just use it while document editing or whatever.

I don't know how many people still use AB Mouse. it was a neat idea, but I found it too much of a hassle to be bothered with personally, and as you say maybe other people don't play games on their Pandora and just use it while document editing or whatever.
use it all the time still as my left Nub on my 1Ghz is out of commission.. It does limit some games for sure...

My left nub is also broken. The xkb files I posted in EDs xmodmap thread has a A/B mouse feature that can be toggled through a key combination. It isn't perfect, but it can probably be adjusted to fit your usage pattern.

Back