D-pad Problem

flap

Still Fresh
My direction pad doesn´t work. It´s kind of loose, and cannot recognize any direction.

Please, would someone sugest how could I fix/replace it?

Is there any thread or site were I could check?

Thanks.

Could be that your stick click is broken. Try pulling on it and see if it pops out. Also, the housing for the stick could have come apart and the mechanism is unaligned... for that you would have to open it up and resolder the metal cover to the board. That is my best GUESS though.

Reap

^^ Hi

Just push your stick a little and turn it a bitt left and richt, do it a few times, and you hear / feel a click, and it back in its place ^^.
It happeen also for me, i did a few mods on the controller, and some of them made it loose (when i did a few 360 rotations).

now i have a new mod whit a homemade stick and some foom (with some pencill parts and a ear protection plug) and i never have these problems again ^^

i gonna post some pics of it soon, it has a great grip and plays very good.

Greettzzz Jaylink

When your stick finally gives up (sounds close to it now) you only have 3 choices:

1) replace GP2x (ouch) - is it under guarantee??
2) replace joystick for identical one (if you feel happy with doing this) - you can buy from RS Components (do a search on the GP2x forum)
3) remove the joystick and make your own (eg see my sig). When my joystick fails from my MK2 model I will do this mod again.

Did ANY of you read the topic title? IT SAYS D-PAD!
You all talk about joysticks.

I just got that same problem with my JOYSTICK so I doubt the d-pad has anything to do with the problem at hand.

Jaylink - I tried what you said but nothing happened. What kind of conclusions can I come to from that?

Jaylink said:
now i have a new mod whit a homemade stick and some foom (with some pencill parts and a ear protection plug) and i never have these problems again ^^

i gonna post some pics of it soon, it has a great grip and plays very good.

Greettzzz Jaylink
Foam and pencil bits? Sounds like something Bacteria would do. Are you related or something :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back