D Pad Up Not Working...

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
I just took it apart to have a look, nothing seems faulty regarding the button, it just looks like where ever the button made contact on the board has worn away to a silver color, its not gold like the rest of the contact.

I'd be interested in learning anything that may fix this as I'm preparing for a trip and would like to play Forget Me Not new version whenever it is released.

The remainder of the DPad still works fine, just the up direction is F'd.

Look forward to any insight.

This won't help you but I have a similar problem except it's my L1 button. Still clicks, just not recognized by the pandora. I'll be rma'ing again once they have some stock in case they need to swap boards.

This won't help you but I have a similar problem except it's my L1 button. Still clicks, just not recognized by the pandora. I'll be rma'ing again once they have some stock in case they need to swap boards.

Do you have some contact spray? Helped with a few of the L / R buttons I fixed :)

Would contact spray work on the D Pad as well?

Is there a specific type or chemical makeup I should look for when buying some of this?

What's the best method for spraying such a small surface?

I've tried a bit of 90% iso-alcohol with a Q-tip on both the gold area and the button contact point. There was a little bit of black grime on the Q-tip afterwords. This is Pandora #14, hoping she'll be AOK.

Hope to wake up and put this back together with some type of fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, the alcohol should've worked if contacts were dirty.

Are you sure it's the contact and not the keymat?

Maybe the carbon came off?

The alcohol did the trick, thanks for the help here everyone. Just wanted to make sure the surface was dry before putting it back together and testing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back