Damn Small Linux On Gp2x F200?

No.

THAT was helpful...
Anyways, there are many hurdles to running DLS on a gp2x, the most notable is taht DLS is a distro fro x82 archetecture, adn the gp2x runs on ARM archetecture hardware.

However, people have ran Debian and Gentoo off of their gp2x... do a quick google search, I lost the links myself.
~Lineus

Lineus said:
THAT was helpful...
Anyways, there are many hurdles to running DLS on a gp2x, the most notable is taht DLS is a distro fro x82 archetecture, adn the gp2x runs on ARM archetecture hardware.

However, people have ran Debian and Gentoo off of their gp2x... do a quick google search, I lost the links myself.
~Lineus
About as helpful as your (and now my) post.

Last edited by a moderator:
and i think Lineus means x86, not x82 (and DSL not DLS , and... damn there's a lot of typos in that post...)

The fact is that you can run any distribution of Linux on the gp2x as long as you can get it in the nand and the executables are for the right architecture. It's therefore normally not worth the hassle.

So the question is, why would you want to put DSL on the F200?

isn't dsl stripped debian ?
and doesn't debian.arm have most apps that dsl has ?
if this would make you motivated, become a maintainer for the new fork and re-use the dsl scripts for Xvesa and such.

Sorry, it was early and I was in a hurry... Jeez

I did mean x86 and DSL... and "and" not adn... and "that" not taht.

My bad... **note to self... never post when sleep deprived...**

But I'm sure you all got my point. Sorry for the typos, usually I'm very OCD about these things, they just slipped out.
~Lineus

Well I know it is possible, but its so much of a hassle for nothing that I answered "no" just to brush him off.

Back