Damn, This Is Gonna Be Close!

Oh shit! ED just fucked up my world. I'm 700-800 in Craig's store queue. GAH!!!!!!!

Edit: Does Fatih also have a separate queue?

And is the 1,000 going to be divided evenly between you guys?

wermy said:
jasay said:
Edit: Hey wermy, when did you order? Hopefully April/May 2009 based on your join date, because that's close to me and I'll finally have a rough estimate of my place in line without having to bug the OP girls.

I joined the same day (or within a day or two) of ordering -- though I've been following the project since it was announced. I finally gave in and bugged the OP girls about my place in the queue, and they said 1700-1800 as of this morning. I was shocked! There must have been lots of cancellations, or it wasn't selling out as quickly as they let on; when I ordered I was told I was one of the last ones... o_O

That just reminded me that I need to shoot off an email because I lost my order number >.<

Might as well confirm my shipping address and check position in queue while I'm at it.

Phawx said:
Oh shit! ED just fucked up my world. I'm 700-800 in Craig's store queue. GAH!!!!!!!

Owned.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
The first batch was planned with 3000. And you are Nr. 1700 - 1800 in craig's queue - however, I also have quite a few preorders ;)

Ah, thanks for the clarification. :)

wermy said:
jasay said:
Edit: Hey wermy, when did you order? Hopefully April/May 2009 based on your join date, because that's close to me and I'll finally have a rough estimate of my place in line without having to bug the OP girls.

I joined the same day (or within a day or two) of ordering -- though I've been following the project since it was announced. I finally gave in and bugged the OP girls about my place in the queue, and they said 1700-1800 as of this morning. I was shocked! There must have been lots of cancellations, or it wasn't selling out as quickly as they let on; when I ordered I was told I was one of the last ones... o_O

Well i ordered 6 or 7 months before you and i was told i was near 2000 in the queue.
My luck atm is going from bad to worse :eek:

craigix said:
We are not going to try to get the full 4000, rather just 1000 shipped well before the New Year to make sure it does not ship but then get stuck in China.

*sulks*

@rathum

Seriously man. I feel like I just had the wind kicked out of me. I mean, I was banking a little too much on everything panning out now...but I have a pretty good feeling on this one.

craigix said:
We are not going to try to get the full 4000, rather just 1000 shipped well before the New Year to make sure it does not ship but then get stuck in China.
I actually think this is a very good idea, so that way the order doesn't get stopped trying to ship them all. Although it would be nice if they could do runs of 250-500, and then ship them! That way, there could still be several units after the first 1000 to still ship, and make it to Texas in a timely manner. Once the holiday shuts everything down, you've gottem maybe a few more hundred more to the states, maybe even an extra thousand. Just an idea!

Chris

jumpman said:
I actually think this is a very good idea, so that way the order doesn't get stopped trying to ship them all. Although it would be nice if they could do runs of 250-500, and then ship them! That way, there could still be several units after the first 1000 to still ship, and make it to Texas in a timely manner. Once the holiday shuts everything down, you've gottem maybe a few more hundred more to the states, maybe even an extra thousand. Just an idea!

If they can make a thousand each day it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to ship in quantities of ~250-500. That said, I wonder what the difference in cost is between shipping 1000 at the end of each day vs. shipping 1000 initially and 3000 later.

AquaAnalogue said:
craigix said:

*sulks*
I don't think there would be much advantage in getting all 4,000 before CNY - it's not like they can assemble and ship that many Pandoras in a week. At least if they get 1,000, they'll have enough to keep them busy while China is off partying.

I'm just looking at it from the stand point of getting as many cases as possible into the delivery stream! If the team is worried about all the cases getting held up, then the best thing to do is ship as many small packages as you can before the cut off day. I think the 1000 case package is a good idea, but if they have several more days to possibly get out more, why not try. Now if it cost a ton of money more, to ship smaller runs, that is something to consider of course, but if you can ship 5 or 6 more small run boxes by thur or friday, and 1 or 2 get held up, you've still gotten an extra 1000+ heading to the states.

P.S. Hey Michael, make sure your home on friday, otherwise most of this won't matter! ;)

Chris

You can either shoot them a polite e-mail to ask, or alternatively, you could try to ascertain it via the information others have gotten if you know roughly when you ordered.

I asked back in November (I never mentioned it before now, as I didn't want to add to a then-ongoing conversation about it and inadvertently help to cause more e-mails to rack up for the team), and I was told back then by the always-lovely Jacquelyn that I'm ~167. :) (I ordered within the first half-hour to hour of pre-ordering, on September 30th 2008, just in case anyone wants to try to guess where they are from other data.)

I ordered on day one at ED's shop. Wonder if one of those 1000 would make it to me. :/

jumpman said:
That brings up a great question that I have wondered myself, does all of China shut down during the New Year? I would think airports, hospitals, emergency services, ect., are still running! Maybe someone in the know can say for sure what happens! It would be just are luck they ship 4000 cases on the 13th, only to have them sit in a warehouse for 2 weeks waiting to leave the country!
A friend of mine is going to Hong Kong and Guangzhou during this timeframe. I asked him a similar question at lunch. He said just offices and factories do the shutdown... retail, etc... continues.

Gruntfuggly said:
How does one find out where they are in the queue?
I ordered on Tuesday which puts me at about number 3997 if that's any help you you ;)

off to budapest on the 26th, praying to every available deity that i have it by then.
number 320 in the queue... we'll see.

Yeah, it's best to ask Jacquelyn or Debs over at Openpandorasales@gmail.com your place in the queue, but hurry, they will be very busy very soon, if there not already! If you ordered from Ed, check with his shop. Normally the girls at Craig's shop give a rough estimate like 250-350, I would assume that is due to the fact that orders where taken between 3 differant spots during preorders, and I'm sure they can really only go by times and regions to decide who's where and what's what in regards to placement! Actually I've very rarely seen them give an exact number to anyone, but it has happened based on what I've read here in the forums!

Chris

I mailed them before christmas (when there was reasonable confidence that they would ship around then) because I was going away and wanted to know if I would be likely to receive one whilst away over the christmas period.

I was, of course, unfailingly polite - unlike my manner of late - but never had a reply from my mail.

Of course, then paranoia sets in. I've never received any mails from them other than my order (and re-order) confirmation so maybe I've not actually got one on order. One thing is certain, I shall not be bothering them again, they have enough on their plates. If everyone else gets one and I don't, then I shall start to converse with them.

D.

Back