Davec/cyclone 68k/final Burn

ralp99

this is all the same guy right? Dave, the guy who did the Final Burn (afterburner, galaxy force, thunderblade, powerdrift etc emulator) is DaveC on these boards? And the same guy who did the Cyclone 68k core??

That's great news about the core! I remember when Dave (unless I am mistaken about all that stuff above) got his GP32 last year, a note went out in the emu news and that was that.. glad to hear he's picked it up and done something huge for everybody. And that Rlyeh is able to do something equally huge with that, for everyone...

Hopefully MrMirko will be able to use this in his GPMame project. Have you guys been watching his WIP page, slowly but quietly updating? It's very impressive, I am getting excited!! I thought nothing could top last year of GP32 activity, but it looks like this year (not even 6 months in) may be the one to beat!

very cool indeed. Thanks to everybody involved, and all you other GP32 scene contributors for your usual efforts, you know who you are...

ralp99 posted on Apr 22 2004 at 05:27 AM said:
Hopefully MrMirko will be able to use this in his GPMame project. Have you guys been watching his WIP page, slowly but quietly updating?
Mirko's MAME port (GMame, not GPMame) is "only" emulating z80 based games atm, and it most likely never will emulate any 68k game. But, to fuel your fire, i tried his alpha versions and they're looking very promising to me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,

i'm dave - author of finalburn, dega, picodrive, cyclone 68000, etc

(i'm not the same as DaveC though)

my webpage is at http://www.finalburn.com/

yeah, have been out of the news for a while - have only really done gp32 stuff recently. finalburn was around 2000-2001, dega was in 2002, a last year i was working on a bbc micro emulator and of course cyclone and picodrive

really excited about cyclone at the moment - once i get all the opcodes in we should start seeing some really cool stuff for ARM devices, and that will be fun

dave.

Are you really THAT Dave?! My God, if this is true the GP32 scene is going to become even more interesting!
I love Dave's emulators, Final Burn was amazing! And how can we forget DGen?

Back