Davec Tell Me It Aint So!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moz

load *,8,1
Website
Visit site
DaveC
is this the same DaveC i can see trying to entice zodiac programmers to the GP2X?

surely not after all the bashing DaveC did over some of the GP32 programmers that decided to dabble with other consoles.

ahem.

Hey I was just wondering. After you have had the zodiac for awhile would you ever think to get a Gp2X someday too? Or is the fact that it is not a PDA or Palm kill it for you. Just curious what you thought of it. I know they both use ARM CPUs so porting between the two should be easy.

DaveC luring developers?

naa cant be same DaveC from here, can it?

:)

moz posted on Sep 25 2005 at 11:21 AM said:
DaveC
is this the same DaveC i can see trying to entice zodiac programmers to the GP2X?

surely not after all the bashing DaveC did over some of the GP32 programmers that decided to dabble with other consoles.

ahem.

Hey I was just wondering. After you have had the zodiac for awhile would you ever think to get a Gp2X someday too? Or is the fact that it is not a PDA or Palm kill it for you. Just curious what you thought of it. I know they both use ARM CPUs so porting between the two should be easy.

DaveC luring developers?

hehe, I think it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh? Why is this bad? Just cos DaveC is trying a polite approach to get people enticed...

Goity posted on Sep 25 2005 at 11:40 AM said:
Eh? Why is this bad? Just cos DaveC is trying a polite approach to get people enticed...
its not bad, but davec was always very against the gp2x (I think that is what he means).

I also don't see a problem... he asks if a coder knows about the gp2x and wants to code for it.
So what?

That specific post was probably his most polite EVER in the ZodiacGamer forum... Read the rest and youll see why hes not the most respected person over there...

It wouldnt surprise me if his intention was to "kill" the Zodiac scene...

Tis a light hearted comment not complaint as DaveC was ranting at squide+co earlier this year that they had buggered off to Zodiac/PSP land to be never seen again bitching that the delevopers were being enticed to other systems by people bearing gifts.

i myself have no issues on who/what codes for whatever and my post isnt to be seen as a complaint.

yep, DaveC seems to be a bitch master on this forum, but very polite on the zodiac gamerfourm.

EvilDragon posted on Sep 25 2005 at 11:53 AM said:
I also don't see a problem... he asks if a coder knows about the gp2x and wants to code for it.
So what?
No-one said it was a problem, moz is just pointing out the irony of davec constantly complaing about developers leaving the gp32 scene, almost to the point where he firmly believes it to be a crime against humanity to leave one scene and move to another, and yet here he is trying to pursuade developers to leave whatever scene they are currently in and move to the gp2x. Is this was someone coming on here and telling people how easy it could be to port their stuff to the psp/ds/zodiac etc then who do you think would be the first person to complain? ;)

woogal posted on Sep 25 2005 at 12:18 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Sep 25 2005 at 11:53 AM said:
So what?
No-one said it was a problem, moz is just pointing out the irony of davec constantly complaing about developers leaving the gp32 scene, almost to the point where he firmly believes it to be a crime against humanity to leave one scene and move to another, and yet here he is trying to pursuade developers to leave whatever scene they are currently in and move to the gp2x. Is this was someone coming on here and telling people how easy it could be to port their stuff to the psp/ds/zodiac etc then who do you think would be the first person to complain? ;)
perfectly put, i wish i'd worded it that way myself.

moz posted on Sep 25 2005 at 10:21 AM said:
DaveC

ahem.

DaveC luring developers?

Don't get your panties in a bunch, Moz. There was no "enticing", no offers of free systems/Codewarrior etc to do stuff, no "bearing gifts". That has never been done by you zodiac fanbois has it? Hmmmm?

I was just wondering if he had heard of it and had any plans for it. Notice when he said that he wasn't interested I let it go? Notice that I didn't continue to beg for him to do something? If that was a "lure" it was a pretty damn weak one.

You are making something out of nothing.

Yeah I am trying to kill the zodiac Talyz. You got it how did you know, you are so fucking smart, can't put one over on you oh no..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back