Davec's Joystick Cap Mod

well, i got mine from davec and so far it is very good. It is much better than the stock stick. The two things that I think would make it better would be to coat it in a rubber-like material and to make the top of it more narrow so that your thumb fits nicely in the indentation (however, i may just have a small thumb....).

Thanks for the great work davec!

When I tested the sticks my thumb seemed to fit pretty well in the indentation. I am not a big guy either, just average. You could probably get some of that rubber stuff and dip it if you wanted though. You will probably get more used to it as you go.
I think we have to remember age difference here, we have people of 12 and people of 30.
That's why I said "however, i may just have a small thumb". I am 16, BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure it is pressed all of the way down or it will stick up too high. It requires a good deal of force. It will go on easy until it gets to where that flat spot ends and the shaft is all round then it gives resistance and you may think it is bottomed out but it can still go down more.

If installed correctly the dead zone will be SMALLER because the amount of plastic above the end of the stick on mine is about 1 mm, where as the stock stick is around 3-4 mm above the shaft.
Hm...
Thats probably why. DCGM probably didn't push it down all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine today. Overall, it's not perfect (this is more to do with the actual joystick than anything else), however, it is much better than the stock cap.

Thanks again, DaveC!

Back