Dcfreedev 1.1 Wip (gp32 Version) Very Soon

ilarri

Propeller informs that they are just ending this dev kit for dreamcast, GP32 and pc.
The soft will be in two languages, english and spanish (this last one will come with the MadriDC competition, where the gp32 its the second machine, with DC ofcourse)

updates(the important for us, gp32 version ;):

-GCC 3.0.4, binutils 2.11.2, newlib 1.10, MiniGp32 1.1, DevKitAdv, y SDL by Chui for GP32.

-Devcpp 5 beta 8 for all.

-direct conexion DC-GP32, by a correct compilation.

-more examples and utlitilies

-documentation in pdf ,yes, for gp32 too =)

Please, go to http://www.talfi.net and read the rest of news (dc version and pc)

this news version (1.1) will be launch at the MadriDC competition

see here the MadriDc logo =) :(by Propeller)

http://www.unixmar.com/imagenes/concursos/Entrada.jpg

Well, if its compatible with Mr Mirko's SDK, then I'll almost certainly install it and then have a look at SDL... I've been having so much trouble combining that with my devkitadv-MirkoSDK fusion lol (working out how to change makefiles mostly...)

Tobriand,

SDL for the GP32 is wrapped around the GamePark SDK (libC wrapper) so in order to use SDL with Mirko's SDK (currently) you have to use SDL>GamePark SDK>Mirko's SDK and that is NOT good ;). There is effort to change that however.

That is also a REALLY old version of GCC, BinUtils and NewLib being used as the tool chain :(.

Most GP32 developers are using tool-chains based on GCC 3.3.2 or higher (I know Mirko and myself both use 3.4). Only the patched DevKitAdv also uses such an old tool-chain as far as I know.

DevCPP is a good little IDE, it is however still a little unstable IMHO.

The examples and documentation are probably the stuff that is already public but having it in one place could be good.

All in all, it looks very interesting but I can’t see it adding anymore currently then reading how-to’s and playing will get you in a few hours.

ilarri posted on May 5 2004 at 11:12 AM said:
updates(the important for us, gp32 version ;):

-GCC 3.0.4, binutils 2.11.2, newlib 1.10, MiniGp32 1.1, DevKitAdv, y SDL by Chui for GP32.

-Devcpp 5 beta 8 for all.

-direct conexion DC-GP32, by a correct compilation.

-more examples and utlitilies

-documentation in pdf ,yes, for gp32 too =)
> GCC 3.0.4, binutils 2.11.2, newlib 1.10

gcc 3.0.4 release date was 20.2.2002

binutils-2.11.2 release was 20.6.2001

WOW, what a classic dev system ...

We are now at gcc 3.4.0
and binutils-2.14.

If someone wants a "modern" dev enviroment for Windows/ Linux.
Go to :
http://mirkoroller.de/gp32 ( SDK and compiler )
http://www.devkit.tk ( Dreamcast compiler )

But i think nobody on the spain site will read this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I've rode it :D

As I have not much idea in programming, only I must say this kit is used by Chui to program and also, I know that Chui knows the last versions of the development tools.

I don't know why the configuration of the GP32-DC SDK

Yours,

mr.mirko, if you want to help in the project, all the help its welcomed.
and a difference between me and you, i read ALL the forums, in spanish,french,deutsche and english.
i havent problems to translate a site with babelfish, and i havent problems that a text its in english or some other language, there are many online translators.
whats your problem?

"But i think nobody on the spain site will read this."

many people read this, but they dont want to reply a "person" who says this kind of "chovinistic" things....

the problem its the dev uses old stuff,like DJWillis says,more educated than you.
Yes,you are right, but i think thats a wip, so if you can help with your knowments, please help.
if you can say ideas,or optimize the work, help the equip.

its tooooo easy to said "what a fucking shit, all too old, and made by spanish programmers...",thats you think? yopur real opinion?yeah you dont writte this, but maybe to think that...
for ME the free work, for the gp32, its great, and isnt important where they come from.
korean,japanese,russian,french,england, scotland, us coders, for me, are helping the system, and his work its IMPORTANT!.

ilarri posted on May 5 2004 at 04:34 PM said:
mr.mirko, if you want to help in the project, all the help its welcomed.
and a difference between me and you, i read ALL the forums, in spanish,french,deutsche and english.
i havent problems to translate a site with babelfish, and i havent problems that a text its in english or some other language, there are many online translators.
whats your problem?

"But i think nobody on the spain site will read this."

many people read this, but they dont want to reply a "person" who says this kind of "chovinistic" things....

the problem its the dev uses old stuff,like DJWillis says,more educated than you.
Yes,you are right, but i think thats a wip, so if you can help with your knowments, please help.
if you can say ideas,or optimize the work, help the equip.

its tooooo easy to said "what a fucking shit, all too old, and made by spanish programmers...",thats you think? yopur real opinion?yeah you dont writte this, but maybe to think that...
for ME the free work, for the gp32, its great, and isnt important where they come from.
korean,japanese,russian,french,england, scotland, us coders, for me, are helping the system, and his work its IMPORTANT!.
>Yes,you are right, but i think thats a wip, so if you can help with your >knowments, please help.

I cant "work" on every project, sorry.

Iam working on :
SDK replacement
gmame
some smaller projects

and nobody is helping me, the only thing i read is :
"Ohhh, this is so slow, and xxxx is better, why cant you add YYY to it ?"

> if you can say ideas,or optimize the work, help the equip.
I have no windows, so i can not help in this, sorry.

> its tooooo easy to said "what a fucking shit, all too old, and made by spanish programmers..."

I never sayed that. But adding a 2 years old crosscompiler to the headline news, looked like a "1st april joke" for me. ( my opinion )

> yeah you dont writte this, but maybe to think that...
I really like Spanish people, this has nothing to do with "nationality"

> for ME the free work, for the gp32, its great, and isnt important where they come from.

Thats the big problem of today, all people want free stuff, nobody knows how hard people are woking behind the scene for it. AND nobody says "thank you".

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the big problem of today, all people want free stuff, nobody knows how hard people are woking behind the scene for it. AND nobody says "thank you

Mr Mirko. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Just because we don't say thank you it doesn't mean we aren't very appreciative of what you and the other developers do for us. It's just that most of us are lazy gits and forget to say thanks every once in a while.

You do a top job mate keep it up.

Back