Dead F100

KainIsAble

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I went to install the new firmware and the batteries died mid-install. When I turn it on I get the green power light but that is it. I saw a similiar thread regarding the F200 and they were talking about a cradle that can help unbrick a system? Have I just created a paperweight or can I recover my system? If so what do I need? Thanks in advance for any help!

Does your PC have a parallel port? If so, you'll need to buy a cradle, power supply (for the cradle) and suitable parallel port lead.

If your PC doesn't have a parallel port, I think your screwed.

Squidge said:
Does your PC have a parallel port? If so, you'll need to buy a cradle, power supply (for the cradle) and suitable parallel port lead.

If your PC doesn't have a parallel port, I think your screwed.
Yeah I have a parallel port. Even if I don't I can always get a parallel to USB adapter. :) So I need to buy that cradle and power supply and then I will be able to fix my system?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rangoth the Quasi-Evil said:
Yeah I have a parallel port. Even if I don't I can always get a parallel to USB adapter. :) So I need to buy that cradle and power supply and then I will be able to fix my system?
Alternatively you can send it to ED and he may fix it for you if he is not too busy.

notaz said:
Alternatively you can send it to ED and he may fix it for you if he is not too busy.

It will be cheaper for me to attempt the fix myself rather then send to Germany. ;-)
Anyways I like the challenge! I just want to make sure I am not buying stuff I dont need

Even if I don't I can always get a parallel to USB adapter. :)
No you can't, they don't work with the tools required, only a genuine parallel port does.

Squidge said:
Even if I don't I can always get a parallel to USB adapter. :)
No you can't, they don't work with the tools required, only a genuine parallel port does.

Well no worries I have a parallel port on my PC. :)

So I need to buy that cradle and AC adapter correct? What do I do after that? Is there a FAQ or something?

I bricked my f100 by forgetting that you had to have 4.0.0 already before flashing with 4.1.0. My screen does not light up and I got faint vertical lines across the screen. Anybody want to sell me a used cradle or premade jtag cable. As easily as the GP2X bricks Gamepark should sell a jtag cable. I really don't want to shell out for a cradle. I have a laptop with S-video and a hell of a lot more power than the GP2X if I want to play old games on the TV. Maybe I could buy the cradle and then unbrick my Gp2x and then sell it on ebay or something. Anybody in usa want to unbrick my junky f100 for me?

Back