Dead Left Analog Stick

Coldbird

I was hoping it would never come to it.

But my Pandora is now dead. Atleast I think so.

The left analog stick now sticks to the top of the screen, it seems to be stuck at the center of the X-axis...

Moving things with the touchscreen isn't a option either, cause it snaps back to the top center of the screen...

What are my options? Do I really have to RMA it?

Suggestions, anyone?

And if I have to RMA, how would I go about it? ED, your oppinion about it?

Does someone know if I can enable the left analog stick somehow? So I can use the touchscreen atleast?

I'm going on a looonngg flight in a few days and it would be nice if I could atleast watch some movies or something on there...

But with the broken analog stick I can't do anything at all cause it keeps moving to that dead spot.

It seems if I smack the shit out of the Pandora it works again for some time... (closing it and smacking the backside against my palm)... but it goes back to malfunctioning...

Other than that the left analog seems busted anyway... seems its more sensitive if I move to left / up than going right / down...

(Goes up / left faster than going right / down)

No response at all guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
go into nub configuration, make right stick mouse movement, and map L/R trigger as mouse buttons?

tried re-calibrating i assume? what about removing battery for 2min or so, it can do wonders at times, so can a fresh reflash

Yeah do as DaMummy says, disable the left stick as mouse and put it to joystick mode. I went many months, forgetting how useful that feature was, as the touchscreen handles that, then my touchscreen died as the PTOD took hold and I learned to use purely the keys and d-pad/buttons, then finally #45 died entirely and was no-more. It an amazing control set the Pandora offers but it does limit what you can do when certain bits fail.

edit: Like the left side of my brain that just read (from DaMummy) I could have re-mapped the right stick as mouse and swapped the buttons around all along. Still I learnt to cope (cry, cry)

Well guys no use... have to RMA... now the right analog stick died too a day after the left... (wtf?)

Also the touchscreen's dead... :(

ED where are you man? :(

Bump for great justice.

Cant Ed or someone help me with rma?

Which email addies should I contact?

So far Ive dropped a mail at the gp2x shop but no response whatsoever yet.

I have a similar problem.  The rubber is starting to wear out, and the mouse pointer drifts around.

It has been more than a year since I bought my Pandora.  Can I still get it fixed?  Or can I buy some new nubs and replace them myself?

When did you send the mail?
The same day I did my first post here, I filed it on your Webshop via the Contact Form ED and left my email address for callback.

gentleman.trilby@gmail.com

EDIT: Reading the most recent news, maybe I'm better off waiting for the Germany Batch Pandoras...

This is a tough decission to make... but this year I won't have time to play it anyway due to my final year of schooling...

Is it possible to send back my broken Pandora to you ED and as "RMA" get a waiting slot on the improved Germany Batch Pandoras?

Back